Random questions/comments Thread.

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Re: Random questions/comments Thread.

Post by Adam Ant Driver »

Mott1 wrote: when it comes to eating steak in restaurants, there's a sliding scale of 'done-ness'. So if you order it well done you end up with medium rare, if you order it medium you get rare, if you order it rare you get blue etc...
The last time I ordered a steak was medium and I got well done. For some reason they served it still in the pan so I'm assuming it was down to residual heat and poor planning. I say well done, it was nearly cremated. There's nothing better than trying to eat a steak from a dirty looking pan with a pool of cooking oil and juices. :cry: I got a burger from another place that came out on a plank of wood and the chips were in a little metal bucket.

I don't know when serving your food like idiots became popular but I hope it stops soon.
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
Mott1
Reactions:

Post by Mott1 »

Sounds like Adam Ant Driver & I should swap steak restaurants!

Another gripe, which links to Adam's comment about serving things like idiots, is this new craze for serving drinks in jam jars and a straw sticking out! Where the hell did that idea come from!?
"I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a prefrontal lobotomy."

Tom Waits.
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

That's not even the worst of it, I read a list a while back of the craziest ones and they were completely insane and impractical. I can't find it now but found this that does the job http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -BELL.html

Food served on an ipad with the background set to an image of a plate...

I swear places only started doing this because of all the instagram arseholes taking photos of their meals. I bet they get a lot more business doing this due to all the hipsters or whatever wanting their meal pictures to look more interesting or artistic.
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

Trust me, they've had shit showy meals for far longer than both the Net and me put together.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

There's a meal for every chump.
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

I can't say I'm surprised or upset, from reports that it'd be found footage, then another origin story, then an "altertative reality" it was clear they didn't know what to do with it, I think the tv show adaptation was also recently canned.

I expect Jeepers Creepers 3 to go the same way, it's been in development hell but was supposedly happening for real and being released this year and even though the production start date was sometime in the next few weeks/months there still aren't any confirmed cast members.
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

What you already believed.

I'm not EXACTLY saying anything.
Rawkus
Reactions: