The Labour Party

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Mike
Supreme Dalek
Reactions:

Re: The Labour Party

Post by Mike »

Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.
- Theodor W. Adorno
Genkimonk
Reactions:

Post by Genkimonk »

I mean he should do it at PMQs. He made those comments at an event hosted by the Mirror.
The Hive Motto: 𝔓𝔦𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔞𝔰, 𝔞𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔲𝔪𝔮𝔲𝔞𝔪 𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔢 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔪 𝔢𝔰𝔱
Clips, or it never happened.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Genkimonk wrote:I'd love it if Corbyn raised the issue of suicides because of IDS. No one seems to dare mention it in the house.
The SNP have mentioned it a few times and Corbyn has touched on issues such as the effects of the bedroom tax, WCA and benefit sanctions in the past too which is more than that muppet Miliband did with his spinning top power games with Cameron.

Make no mistake Corbyn will END benefit sanctions which is a HUGE breakaway from the Murdoch pleasing Tory-Lite crap of before which infected and infested the Labour Party, and shame on them for backing that nazi shite Daily Mail-esque narrative before.

If Corbyn gets in, he may well fuck up in some areas, but at least we'll see an end to food banks and suicides over sanctions and that's good enough for me.

We didn't fight and sacrifice in WW2 for this current Human Rights eroding shite.

And they have the fucking nerve to call Corbyn a traitor.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

The Talking Cabbage
Reactions:

Post by The Talking Cabbage »

Rob Filth wrote:If Corbyn gets in, he may well fuck up in some areas, but at least we'll see an end to food banks and suicides over sanctions and that's good enough for me.
As someone who voted for Corbyn in last year's leadership election, I agree 100%. Alas, he does need to focus more. By that, I mean he should wake up every morning wondering how he can make the world a better place, before then immediately pondering how those bastards are going to try to get him today, and how best to avoid that.

Because, make no mistake, Corbyn is under constant attack. Never have I seen a public figure so absolutely, so relentlessly attacked. To his credit, he's driven his opponents stark raving mad. Alas and alack, there are lots of them, be it on social media or the mainstream media, or in his own party. And they can make a hell of a lot of noise, which will and has filtered into the public consciousness. After all, people are lazy and like their thinking being done for them. And the British psyche is very much akin to a miserable, hyperchondriac old git who wastes their pension on limited edition Princess Diana plates and still uses words like 'coloured' and 'half-caste', and who gets conned into blowing their grandkids' inheritance on a shoddily built conservatory. The popular press, which is in many ways also by default the right wing press, both panders to and nurtures this mindset. So-called left-leaning rags like the Guardian are run by people who think social democracy is great, just as long as they can still send their kids to that progressive private school in Finchley, and can afford that holiday villa near Perugia. The BBC is W1A via Norman Bates via a passive aggressive poodle. It's worth reiterating how all these outfits see Corbyn as a threat. They are all products of the 1979 consensus, and he is a direct challenge to that. They will go out of their way to destroy him, and are attempting this as we speak.

So Corbyn needs to be aware of this. The first thing he needs to do is find a media advisor who is loyal, competent and not a cunt. The latter two requirements eliminate Seamus Milne by default. Said media chappie or chappette must be both willing to fight and die for Corbyn, but also be willing to look him in the face and tell him he is being a fuckwit. Corbyn also needs to stop surrounding himself with an inner circle whose main qualification is that they agree with him. Dianne Abott is like an interfering aunt who shouldn't be left alone with sharp objects. Ken Livingstone is an embittered, irrational and tempestuous old kobold who will cut off his head to spite his face. McDonnell is an idiot, though to his credit, he would only need half a day tied to a chair and left alone in a room with Malcolm Tucker before he can be trusted with a smartphone. Corbyn can't get rid of that smarmy opportunistic twat Tom Watson either, but he can certainly learn how to handle him better.

Corbyn is also bound by having to maintain so many arseholes in his cabinet, as well as tolerate gobshites like Dugher on the backbenches, but the sooner he can throw that piece of shit Hilary Benn under a (metaphorical) bus, the better. Unfortunately, 20 or so years of Blairism have left the PLP in thrall to precisely the sort of nasty, venomous, whoring crypto-Tories that Corbyn needs to either control or chuck out. In maintaining their rictus grip on the party, Blair and Brown also constrained any real talent or new ideas from entering the mainstream. So Corbyn needs good advisors and he needs them fast. He also needs to start nurturing ability and talent in the party rather than blind obedience and careerism. If he can make it past May, he will be in a good position. But he really needs to remember that in politics, it's not friends you need, but competence.
custodi bibis Frigum Auxilium, vos creduli
Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Thought I’d bump this thread up amidst finding it just to stimulate some political discussion concerning Labour (and other political affairs of course), even if the political landscape and overall state of the country has certainly changed considerably since this thread was last posted on, not to mention COVID-19.
Ludders
Reactions:

Post by Ludders »

Ideologically speaking, Corbyn’s Labour was closest to my political position, but their manifesto was confusing and ham-fisted.
I was pro Starmer for leader on the basis on party unity being the only chance of getting the Tories out of government.
But I find I’ve lost all interest in British politics now that Corbyn has gone.....
Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Ludders wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:29 pm
Ideologically speaking, Corbyn’s Labour was closest to my political position, but their manifesto was confusing and ham-fisted.
I was pro Starmer for leader on the basis on party unity being the only chance of getting the Tories out of government.
But I find I’ve lost all interest in British politics now that Corbyn has gone.....
The problem with the manifesto wasn’t really to do with Labour’s actual ideas: It was the fact that it was so overloaded and overstuffed. Most people I spoke to about it just seemed to ask “Why are they offering free broadband?” largely because it was what stood out so obviously. That, and Labour’s Brexit policy was the worst they could have opted for considering the abject polarisation they had taken place between the Remain and Leave camps. The Lib Dems were especially awful in this case, abandoning any pretence in adhering to Leave voters or even a second referendum purely to end Brexit despite the democratic vote already being passed (and I was pro-remain in 2016) and Jo Swinson always pushed for that division whenever she could (I recall how shite my Grandfather, a life-long classic Labour supporter ,thought she was- he was sadly very ill on the night of the election result and passed away three months ago). The Tories were adamant to “Get Brexit done” which clearly worked due to its simplicity and the fact that it was the closest offer there was to respecting the democratic vote, whereas Labour (thanks in part to the People’s Vote campaign) just opted for a muddled stance on Brexit that in the end veered towards remain despite respecting the referendum result in 2017. And that’s not even mentioning the media’s incessant slandering of Corbyn’s character. Labour were screwed from the outset. Although one of the more memorable aspects about the election was also that argument we both had with Tiberius on NuHive, but I won’t go into that now. 😂

But yeah- I’m not really enamoured anymore either. I was willing to give Starmer a chance initially and preferred him to RLB and certainly Nandy, but he’s nowhere near as inspired as Corbyn was and his handling of the leaked Labour report has been pretty piss-poor. I don’t know if you know about the Leaked report yet, but the contents in said report are damning indeed to the right of the party and I’m hoping he doesn’t try to obscure it or kick it into the long grass, although I remain skeptical. Still, he’s been alright at PMQs to my knowledge and my stance on him overall is mixed. But yeah- my preference was to distance away from neoliberalism and Blairism, but that’s likely not happening now. The aftermath of that election result was depressing, frankly.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Ludders wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:29 pm
The manifesto wasn't bad, it was the delivery of it which was bad, it was a scattergun approach with policies. The only thing bad in it was the shit Brexit policy which the Blairite twats forced through. Labour should have ALWAYS recognised the result of the referendum and respected it, but fought tooth and nail for a Labour Brexit instead of the Daily Mail Uncle Sam arselicking Brexit the Tories were going for. We only voted on ripping up our membership of the EU, not all access to the Single Market or Customs Union.

Those "Peoples Vote" cunts didn't give a fuck about remaining in the EU, it was just a veneer on top of their REAL agenda which was "nobble Corbyn" - I voted Remain and those pseudo-cunts didn't fool me for a second whilst the whole fucking media were doing their utmost to convince the whole fucking public that Brexit meant out of everything, no exceptions and that Remain meant completely invalidating the referendum result and anything else in between the two most polar extreme opposites just didn't exist - what a load of fucking bollocks.

Like Ludders, now Corbyn's gone I have simply given up on party politics, there's nothing inspiring anymore. I'm contemplating voting Green next General Election, but they've fuck all chance of winning the seat and it's just a waste of time. The Greens pissed me off royally over their consistent hankering for a 2nd Ref vote and their chumming up with that Jo Swindles thicko from the Lib Dems when there was a real chance of a Government of National Unity too. Idiots.

I don't want to vote for Starmer, he's a cunt. It was his stupid strong armed Brexit policy which caused the catastrophic loss of seats and we lost the best Labour Leader since Harold Wilson because of that. He'll kick the leaked report into the long grass and a white wash will occur, just like he got the cop who killed Ian Tomlinson off the hook. He's just an establishment stooge. Very little will change if he ever sees power because he will just be yet another Murdoch sockpuppet.

So fuck the Labour Party. There's a few MP's I like within, but the majority are just pole climbing self serving backstabbing cunts which was all too evident from the disgusting way in which they treated Corbyn and the contempt they showed the membership. Fuck 'em all.

Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Rob Filth wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:44 pm
The manifesto wasn't bad, it was the delivery of it which was bad, it was a scattergun approach with policies. The only thing bad in it was the shit Brexit policy which the Blairite twats forced through. Labour should have ALWAYS recognised the result of the referendum and respected it, but fought tooth and nail for a Labour Brexit instead of the Daily Mail Uncle Sam arselicking Brexit the Tories were going for. We only voted on ripping up our membership of the EU, not all access to the Single Market or Customs Union.

Those "Peoples Vote" cunts didn't give a fuck about remaining in the EU, it was just a veneer on top of their REAL agenda which was "nobble Corbyn" - I voted Remain and those pseudo-cunts didn't fool me for a second whilst the whole fucking media were doing their utmost to convince the whole fucking public that Brexit meant out of everything, no exceptions and that Remain meant completely invalidating the referendum result and anything else in between the two most polar extreme opposites just didn't exist - what a load of fucking bollocks.

Like Ludders, now Corbyn's gone I have simply given up on party politics, there's nothing inspiring anymore. I'm contemplating voting Green next General Election, but they've fuck all chance of winning the seat and it's just a waste of time. The Greens pissed me off royally over their consistent hankering for a 2nd Ref vote and their chumming up with that Jo Swindles thicko from the Lib Dems when there was a real chance of a Government of National Unity too. Idiots.

I don't want to vote for Starmer, he's a cunt. It was his stupid strong armed Brexit policy which caused the catastrophic loss of seats and we lost the best Labour Leader since Harold Wilson because of that. He'll kick the leaked report into the long grass and a white wash will occur, just like he got the cop who killed Ian Tomlinson off the hook. He's just an establishment stooge. Very little will change if he ever sees power because he will just be yet another Murdoch sockpuppet.

So fuck the Labour Party. There's a few MP's I like within, but the majority are just pole climbing self serving backstabbing cunts which was all too evident from the disgusting way in which they treated Corbyn and the contempt they showed the membership. Fuck 'em all.
Speaking of the membership, do you think it’s fucked now thanks to the leaked report? The fact that practically nothing has been done about it surely means that most of Corbyn’s supporters and those on the left of the party will hereby be strongly alienated. I’ve heard next to nothing about the report for about a month now, though it’s not highly surprising.

Agreed about the People’s Vote despite being pro-remain. Even the name is fucking stupid. “People’s vote”? So did those who vote to leave the EU not count as “people” then? It’s condescending in the extreme.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Naughtius Maximus wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:00 pm
Agreed about the People’s Vote despite being pro-remain. Even the name is fucking stupid. “People’s vote”? So did those who vote to leave the EU not count as “people” then? It’s condescending in the extreme.
Totally agree.

The Peoples Vote was fuck all about retaining benefits of EU membership, it was purely about fucking up Corbyn. Those who ran the People Vote campaign were all the saboteur cunts on the NEC who jumped ship after they'd done as much damage internally within the party that they could inflict.

Utter blairite filth.

I have more contempt for them that the fucking Tories to be honest.