What are you reading?

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Mott1
Reactions:

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Mott1 »

The Shadow Of The Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. Pretty solid.

Out of curiosity where are you from, Watcher?
"I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a prefrontal lobotomy."

Tom Waits.
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Post by Adam Ant Driver »

I think he said he was Irish.

Anyway I'm reading The Chronicles of Narnia. I don't think I've even opened one of them since 2003 at the latest. Harry Potter can eat a buffet of dicks, this is real fantasy.
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
Mott1
Reactions:

Post by Mott1 »

I saw The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe onstage as a kid, and I've always had a fondness for the books since even if I probably prefer Tolkein.

I even relatively enjoyed the more recent film adaptations, though the last one was heavily criticised for gobbling gonads (to continue the phraseology!)

Tom Waits.
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Post by Adam Ant Driver »

I did enjoy The Lion The Witch & The Wardrobe although I didn't think it was anywhere close to the old BBC version, that and the Wind in the Willows with the Monty Python gang were probably the two most watched vhs tapes I had, along with Toy Story and the original Star Wars trilogy. I didn't even bother with the last one because it had that annoying kid from Son of Rambow and that shitty sketch show starring kids that nobody remembers in it. After some rights issues The Sliver Chair is being made a different company but will still be a sequel to the films.
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
Mott1
Reactions:

Post by Mott1 »

You're a man of taste, Adam Ant - that 'Monty Python' Wind In The Willows stands among the best of their work, and also among the best of the work of its fine supporting cast.

Tom Waits.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

TV Guide (1987).

Not really, but I did find a couple from that time, and it's genuinely interesting...

Ready-up for Halloween, I've just been reading David Miller's "Little Book of Horror Films".
Not a bad read at all. Obviously keeps it to the 'big names' but that's ....well, obvious.
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

1984 - Orwell

Man, it's bleak.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

Bit true to life, huh?

(For the record, I'm only part Irish. I'm in England. But I'm also part Welsh. I've also had my eye on a ...well, that's none of your business).

[If you think this IS your business, and you ARE Teresa May, please consult Article 12 of the Human Rights Act of 1949].
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

If you don't intend to watch an adaptation this year, which can happen:

May I suggest reading 'A Christmas Carol'? Possibly out loud?

It's only a short, but highly fulfilling.
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

The latest issue of Whotopia, it's free and has an interview with Peter Davison in.

http://www.whotopia.ca/