Rob and Rani discuss Dalek Voice Changer Helmets 1 AND 2

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Rob Filth
Reactions:

Rob and Rani discuss Dalek Voice Changer Helmets 1 AND 2

Post by Rob Filth »

Okay, here is the first of the very last two of these animations I am doing, as the trial software license runs out tomorrow.

I'll post the second part later.

In the meantime, enjoy this classic Hive action.

Last edited by Rob Filth on Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Rob Filth
Reactions:

Re: Rob and Rani discuss Dalek Voice Changer Helmets 1

Post by Rob Filth »

Bugger. I see it's coming up in the link already(I should've put this on a timed release)

Oh well, here is part 2 and the final video.

I'm afraid I'm passing the baton on now and won't be making any more of these fucking things. I think I've done an output of "Rob and Rani" almost comparable to stuffthefrankie in the time I had the trial software anyway, it's just a shame I couldn't get the rendering glitch out of the characters, but still, I guess you can't have everything.

Enjoy.

Bayban
Reactions:

Post by Bayban »

Rob Filth wrote: โ†‘
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:22 pm
Bugger. I see it's coming up in the link already(I should've put this on a timed release)

Oh well, here is part 2 and the final video.

I'm afraid I'm passing the baton on now and won't be making any more of these fucking things. I think I've done an output of "Rob and Rani" almost comparable to stuffthefrankie in the time I had the trial software anyway, it's just a shame I couldn't get the rendering glitch out of the characters, but still, I guess you can't have everything.

Enjoy.

Shame. Hopefully we'll see them in another 10 years time...

Will you be cancelling your live shows as well? I was particulary looking forward to Rob And Rani in Raiders Of The Lost Finklestone Tapes. :(

''Goodnight Victoria''
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

BaybanTheBeserker wrote: โ†‘
Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:13 pm

Shame. See you in another 10 years. Thanks for the laughs.

Will you be cancelling your lives shows as well? I was particulary looking forward to Rob And Rani in Raiders Of The Finklestone Tapes. :(
Well if Rani continues to post here, of course I will be continuing to correct him on the nonsense he posts.

Most of the archival material has now been used up, I think it is only the Eccleston Timberland boots/ethical clothing debate and just a load of childish "Lol, Levine bummed you up" type nonsense which hasn't been animated now.

I checked and compared both stuffthefrankie and my own collections and they both run to about 45 minutes each in total(stuffthefrankie has more titles though), I'd personally say that that is MORE than enough retyping out literally pages upon pages from a forum board for a while.

Genkimonk
Reactions:

Re: Rob and Rani discuss Dalek Voice Changer Helmets 1 AND 2

Post by Genkimonk »

Rob, how much is the full software?
The Hive Motto: ๐”“๐”ฆ๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ๐”ž๐”ฐ, ๐”ž๐”ฒ๐”ฑ ๐”ซ๐”ฒ๐”ช๐”ฎ๐”ฒ๐”ž๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฐ๐”ข ๐”ฃ๐”ž๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฑ
Clips, or it never happened.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Genkimonk wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:18 am
Rob, how much is the full software?
It's on special offer $15 for 3 months or ยฃ12.16, which isn't much at all.

If it wasn't for the rendering issues I've had with it, I would consider purchasing it.

I'm in discussions with their tech support over it at the moment, but I don't think its a software glitch, I think it's a display driver error.

I reckon if I wiped my graphics drivers altogether and then reinstalled the latest ones from scratch it would probably solve the problem , but I have to boot into safe mode to do that because my windows is being such a fucking pig and refusing to install graphics drivers from the windows updater.

To be honest, it's so much fucking hassle for cheap third party software, I can't be fucking bothered with it anymore. I've wasted literally hours and days trying to solve this problem and was subsequently locked out of windows for 3 days when my whole operating system fucked up.

I sent a test file to their tech support anyway, so it'll be interesting what they say and if they confirm my suspicions or not.

Maybe when I have a new computer which can run the software okay I might reconsider purchasing it, but I'm hoping that won't be until next year.

Genkimonk
Reactions:

Post by Genkimonk »

It could be a limitation of the trial version. I know some software do crap like that.
The Hive Motto: ๐”“๐”ฆ๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ๐”ž๐”ฐ, ๐”ž๐”ฒ๐”ฑ ๐”ซ๐”ฒ๐”ช๐”ฎ๐”ฒ๐”ž๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฐ๐”ข ๐”ฃ๐”ž๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฑ
Clips, or it never happened.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Genkimonk wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:48 am
It could be a limitation of the trial version. I know some software do crap like that.
Not according to the blurb on the website, it's the full software so I'd have full movements for the characters(running/walking etc), greater range of character and scenes, presumably greater library range of voices, and more than one character per scene(so you could do a multi-profile forum board discussion instead of just 1v1)

The full price of the software per month without the introductory 3 month offer of $15, is $9.99 a month, or ยฃ8.10. Hardly a huge amount, less than ยฃ2 a week.

Like I say, I might well have paid it if it weren't for the issues I've had running it on my computer.

Maybe when I get that nice shiny new rig in the future when I've the money to burn, eh?

Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Ah, okay. I just heard back from the Nawmal Tech support and apparently my rendering headaches are NOT a problem with my graphics display drivers, but a software glitch. Fuck me, I wish I'd known that beforehand with all of the hours of PC hassle I've subsequently had!

Apparently, after I sent them a small scene file to test they replied back to me that, "It looks like it is not a rendering issue, but looks like a geometry bug in some of the characters.The issue being more pronounced when the character is sitting. To test this, we recast your characters with other ones from the same family, and the issue disappeared."

Fucking Rob and Rani broke the fucking software!

I wonder if whether I cheekily suggest it, they'll give me another trial for pinpointing a bug in their software?

MistressRani
Reactions:

Post by MistressRani »

Rob Filth wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:06 pm
Ah, okay. I just heard back from the Nawmal Tech support and apparently my rendering headaches are NOT a problem with my graphics display drivers, but a software glitch. Fuck me, I wish I'd known that beforehand with all of the hours of PC hassle I've subsequently had!

Apparently, after I sent them a small scene file to test they replied back to me that, "It looks like it is not a rendering issue, but looks like a geometry bug in some of the characters.The issue being more pronounced when the character is sitting. To test this, we recast your characters with other ones from the same family, and the issue disappeared."

Fucking Rob and Rani broke the fucking software!

I wonder if whether I cheekily suggest it, they'll give me another trial for pinpointing a bug in their software?
They should give you a free license. Perhaps it was the utter drivel you came out with that did the software in
Rebutting Rob's ridiculous rantings since 2004