Good Stuff on Television

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Re: Good Stuff on Television

Post by Adam Ant Driver »

TheWatcher wrote:Dirk Gently - Did they ever try to a second?
The BBC series was really good, shame it only had 3 episodes (4 including the pilot), but there's a new American series starring Elijah Wood created by Max Landis, but don't let that put you off. The person that did the music for Utopia scores the show too.

I went into it with doubt but it took me by surprise and I was hyped for season 2 by the finale, which rounded up the season perfecly. It's a lot crazier than the Stephen Mangan version, there's time travel, body switching, energy vampires and whole other bunch of things. I'd recommend it.
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

It's not just a redo of Shada is it (ie like the book!)?
Adam Ant Driver
Reactions:

Post by Adam Ant Driver »

Yes, no... maybe? I don't know. The Dirk Gently books were written by Douglas Adams, and wikipedia says the genesis of the first book came from his 2 Doctor Who serials, City of Death and Shada. I have downloaded the Dirk Gently books but haven't read them yet, but I didn't get much inspiration from those serials in either adaptations, they played up the universe aspect in the latest series with Dirk Gently as well as an assassin being guided by it, they go where they feel like it and do whatever they feel like and it all works out kind of thing.
For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

If they really went for it, it's worth checking out.
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

(The American one).
TheWatcher
Reactions:

Post by TheWatcher »

Really should check it out before saying that...
English Giraffe
Reactions:

Post by English Giraffe »

Given the ill timing on current events, it seems wrong of me to believe that Brooklyn Nine Nine is my favourite comedy since Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Frasier, but it is as of recently. It's not necessarily unique, but it's one of those comedies where all the right elements fall into place for me. Brilliant characters and surprising developments all around (Holt, Terry and Rosa being my favourites), hilarious slapstick moments and funny one-liners and just a joyous vibe. I'm very worried about the future of the show, given how SJW's will immediately jump down and try to rip it apart for just being a cop show, but I still got 7 great Seasons all around, so I'll love it for those Seasons certainly.
Burunman
Reactions:

Post by Burunman »

English Giraffe wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:28 pm
Given the ill timing on current events, it seems wrong of me to believe that Brooklyn Nine Nine is my favourite comedy since Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Frasier, but it is as of recently. It's not necessarily unique, but it's one of those comedies where all the right elements fall into place for me. Brilliant characters and surprising developments all around (Holt, Terry and Rosa being my favourites), hilarious slapstick moments and funny one-liners and just a joyous vibe. I'm very worried about the future of the show, given how SJW's will immediately jump down and try to rip it apart for just being a cop show, but I still got 7 great Seasons all around, so I'll love it for those Seasons certainly.
I love Rosa. She is absolutely gorgeous and hilarious. Her and Dana Delorenzo need to play sisters.
ImageImage
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Elementary season 7, episode 12. I think there's another episode to go, but that could actually have been the very last episode. This has been a great final season, with a great villain and arc, and the last couple of eps have been edge of the seat stuff. Love this show, sad to see it go, but at least it's kept its quality all the way down the line.
Genkimonk
Reactions:

Post by Genkimonk »

Who actually watches TV anymore besides the news? I can't remember the last time I did.
The Hive Motto: 𝔓𝔦𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔞𝔰, 𝔞𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔲𝔪𝔮𝔲𝔞𝔪 𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔢 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔪 𝔢𝔰𝔱
Clips, or it never happened.