What Music Do You Like

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Ludders
Reactions:

Re: What Music Do You Like

Post by Ludders »

No, don’t leave it to us. You’re absolutely made for this place. :mrgreen:
Seriously, I’m no big intellectual, I can assure you of that. I never even went to Uni.
I’m just a Grammar school lad whose parents had a reasonably diverse taste in music, between the two of them.
Mum with her popular classics, and Dad with his rock n roll. And my first love was British Punk Rock. :D
Pepsi Maxil
Reactions:

Post by Pepsi Maxil »

I only really listened to film music when I was a kid. John Barry was one of my favourites composers and I used to rewind the James Bond films I had recorded off of the telly just so I could hear my favourite pieces of music. I didn't actually own any of the albums at the time.

These were and still are some of my favourite themes:

Brian
Reactions:

Post by Brian »

Naughtius Maximus wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:54 pm
a philosophy Socrates certainly approved of
''All we are is dust in the wind, dude.''

In seriousness, my music tastes range round from the 50s-90s with classic rock, death metal and new wave synth music being favorites. I do enjoy a bit of classical music as well such as Bartok, Beethoven and Debussy being favorites.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Ludders wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:19 pm
I’m just a Grammar school lad whose parents had a reasonably diverse taste in music, between the two of them.
Mum with her popular classics, and Dad with his rock n roll. And my first love was British Punk Rock. :D
That kind of describes my musical upbringing too.

I went from punk to hardcore to thrash metal and grindcore to death metal to black metal to gothic doom to funeral doom in my musical progression.

It's funny because in the 90's everything I listened to was a whirlwind speed with pneumatic drill type drums and now it's so fucking slow you can go out and make yourself a cup of tea between each drum beat.

Getting old I guess.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.