What are you watching on DVD?

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Wayne
Reactions:

What are you watching on DVD?

Post by Wayne »

For those like me that barely ever watch actual tv....

I'm still working my way through the american gothic/horror soap from the 60's, that is Dark Shadows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Shadows

I started it in May, and i'm up to Ep 654 of 1,225 episodes. I'm addicted! :lol:

----------------------------
Another one for stickyness... Mike.
The Seal
Reactions:

Re: What are watching on DVD?

Post by The Seal »

Oh, you mean what have I downloaded recently? ;)

Michael Woods - Story of England.

Pretty good stuff.
_liam_
Admin
Reactions:

Post by _liam_ »

I got Man with the Golden Gun for 2 quid :D I wanted Goldeneye as well but the people in the shop couldn't find the disc :(
wrongcock
Inglip's Servant
Reactions:

Post by wrongcock »

I used to watch dark shadows on one of the old cable channels, bravo if im not mistaken. (or was it sci fi?)
Recent stuff ive been watching.... watched a download of white out this evening, wasnt too bad as hollywood goes, kept me watching without snoozing for an hour and a half anyway.
other DVDs recently: first men in the moon (60s version of course!), spookies, nightmare on elm street 1 and the louis theroux collection again, he cracks me up at any rate.

*edit:I just noticed that whiteout lost 30 mil at the box office and seems to be rated as one of the worst films of 2009! Wow, I really didnt think it was that bad, especially compared to some of the shite that gets critical acclaim! Oh well, I suppose ive got weird taste.

"Don't you see what this is going to mean to all the people who come to serve B-fore the all powerful? Why, no country, no person would dare to have a single thought that was not B's own. B-fore's own conception of the, of the way of life!"
Matt_Smith
Reactions:

Post by Matt_Smith »

I'm currently working my way through the Quentin Tarantino films, yet to get them all though :?
Along with watching some classic who that mike has lent me :)
Pink Glitter Dalek
Reactions:

Post by Pink Glitter Dalek »

I just got the new Christmas carol movie with Jim Carey and Gary Oldman!! :mrgreen:

Not watched it yet though!!
wrongcock
Inglip's Servant
Reactions:

Post by wrongcock »

Matt_Smith wrote:I'm currently working my way through the Quentin Tarantino films, yet to get them all though :?
Along with watching some classic who that mike has lent me :)
Some people really slag Tarantino off, but i have enjoyed nearly all of his movies. He has great taste in films as well. Not many people namecheck Cleopatra Wong!!!

"Don't you see what this is going to mean to all the people who come to serve B-fore the all powerful? Why, no country, no person would dare to have a single thought that was not B's own. B-fore's own conception of the, of the way of life!"
Wayne
Reactions:

Post by Wayne »

Someone gave me a copy of Inglorious Bastards because i'm a bit of a WWII film buff. I watched about half of it, but it proved to be just as shit as every other film he's made that i've seen, so i gave it up as a bad job.
I'm still trying to find somebody who wants it. :P
wrongcock
Inglip's Servant
Reactions:

Post by wrongcock »

Fair play matey! I cant really comment as I havent gotten round to watching that one yet. The real classic for me is Pulp fiction. I never really get bored of that film. Astonishingly I actualy like Bruce Willis's performance which is very odd for me as I cannot stand anything else he has been in!

Even if his films arent to everyone's taste he has been responsible for getting some really obscure cult gems reissued on DVD for people to enjoy, which is no bad thing in my books.

Wayne
Reactions:

Post by Wayne »

wrongcock wrote:The real classic for me is Pulp fiction.
Fair enough. Each to his own, as they say.
I don't get the love for that film at all. Infact it was that one that put me off Tarantino. I gave him a second chance after disliking Resevoir Dogs, but everyone raved about Pulp Fiction so much that i realized that i didn't belong in the Tarantino universe.