What are you watching on DVD?

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Burunman
Reactions:

Re: What are you watching on DVD?

Post by Burunman »

Just finished Angel season 5. Definitely one of the best finales of all time. Up there with Blake's 7 in terms of being fitting to the series and being so shocking.

Overall despite some dud episodes Angel and Buffy both held up brilliantly. I'm glad to have watched them both back again. Definitely two of the greatest genre series ever made.

Now we just need Joss to give us a live action adaptation of Fray with Dana Delorenzo and I'll be set.
ImageImage
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Wicked Science: The Great Dork. Toby creates a time portal in his shed, and ends up unwittingly sending Russ back to the past while unleashing a caveman on the school. Probably the weakest episode of season 2 so far, not least because it takes way too long to get Elizabeth involved. ;)  It does get better in the second half, while it is interesting that we're on episode 6, and Elizabeth has only been the antagonist in the first 2 episodes, with Toby's experiments causing the trouble in 3 of the episodes so far. Elizabeth's reaction to finding the caveman is very funny - "I think he must be one of Toby's experiments... how cool!" - and she continues to be generally softer - including with Verity, who I don't think she's yelled at even once this whole season - and more adorably crazy than the complete nutjob she turned into in the second half of season 1.  
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Secret Army: Russian Roulette. Albert tries to take over the line as the Resistance reels in the wake of Lisa's death. A very fine episode, and while I was less than thrilled with the manner of Jan Francis' exit at least they don't skip over the impact it has on the other characters. German officer Brandt being approached to become part of a conspiracy to assassinate Hitler and subjugate the SS is a thoroughly gripping twist, while the "garden party" for "friends" hosted by Kessler is "holy fuck this guy is completely fucking insane" chilling. :shock: Great stuff.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Wicked Science: Close Call. Toby dives in to help Elizabeth when the teachers come close to discovering her secret lab in the school, but the pair of them are so busy dodging them they're oblivious to just how close someone else is to discovering their shared secret - Jack. This is a really good episode, the best since the Fever one, with plenty of stuff going on for all the characters and some good tension and character stuff. Jack's ascension to antagonist continues, as by the end of the episode he's not just suspicious but downright obsessed. Elizabeth's accidental inference that she keeps pictures of Toby in her locker is both funny and kind of stalkerish lol, though Toby is really quite mean to her in this episode for very little reason. Aside from one snarky remark to Sasha, Elizabeth is actually being perfectly pleasant to everyone here, so it comes across as a bit out of line. And again, we have another ep where Elizabeth is not only not doing anything wrong, but again seems to be so much nicer than she was in season 1, even smirking and rolling her eyes indulgently at Garth and Verity's banter, when a season ago she'd have been yelling at them. Cut her some slack, Toby, jeez!