Reactions:

Re: Decent Films

Post by Rawkus »

Oh yeah, I believe they were workjng on a Quatermass reboot before the pandemic
Eldred
Reactions:

Post by Eldred »

Zardoz, I watched this for the first time a few months ago, and it totally blew me away. I can see how for some it might be hard to take it seriously, but if you do it'll take you on an interesting journey. I don't even like the way they ended it, and I'd probably still rank it as the second greatest film I've ever seen: after Man with X-Ray Eyes, and followed by They Live...
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Night of the Comet. Two Valley Girls wake up one morning after a cosmic lightshow caused by a passing comet to find they're the only people left alive on Earth... maybe. This cult classic mid 80s tongue in cheek sci-fi horror is still a lot of fun.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

The Beast Must Die. This mid 70s werewolf whodunnit has a great cast including Peter Cushing, Charles Gray, Anton Diffring, Michael Gambon and Tom Chadbon, but is a bit of a snoozer on the whole. I did lol at the scene where the "wolf" attacks the helicopter pilot, while clearly wagging its tail. :lol:
Ludders
Reactions:

Post by Ludders »

iank wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:48 am
The Beast Must Die. This mid 70s werewolf whodunnit has a great cast including Peter Cushing, Charles Gray, Anton Diffring, Michael Gambon and Tom Chadbon, but is a bit of a snoozer on the whole. I did lol at the scene where the "wolf" attacks the helicopter pilot, while clearly wagging its tail. :lol:
Yeah, it's one of the worst Amicus film. Despite the best efforts of Cushing and co, it's a real bore.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Chosen as the olive branch to begin peace talks between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, Captain Kirk and the Enterprise crew instead find themselves set up as assassins following an attack on the Klingon vessel that seems to have originated from them. The final outing for the original cast has long been one of my favourite Star Trek movies, and still is. A thoroughly engaging political conspiracy thriller in the Trek universe, with the cast on fine fettel. The Shat is particularly magnetic throughout. :)
Ludders
Reactions:

Post by Ludders »

iank wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:25 pm
Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Chosen as the olive branch to begin peace talks between the Federation and the Klingon Empire, Captain Kirk and the Enterprise crew instead find themselves set up as assassins following an attack on the Klingon vessel that seems to have originated from them. The final outing for the original cast has long been one of my favourite Star Trek movies, and still is. A thoroughly engaging political conspiracy thriller in the Trek universe, with the cast on fine fettel. The Shat is particularly magnetic throughout. :)
My favourite too. 8-)
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

That might just be the best film ever :lol: :lol: :lol:
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Damned Before Dawn. Fuck me this was terrible. Total embarrassment of a so-called horror movie, with every cliche imaginable and a truly terrible visual look to it too. It's not even worth it for Bridget, given she's hardly in it, is buried under so much makeup you can't even tell it's her, and has literally nothing to do but shriek. Couldn't she have at least been the lead? The film would still have been shit but it would have made it watchable at least. There's literally more of her in the making of doco than there is the film! No wonder she retired early if this was the best she was getting offered...
Awful. :( :roll: