Older fans - no longer required?

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Ladylusiphur
Reactions:

Re: Older fans - no longer required?

Post by Ladylusiphur »

Maybe they got the master mixed up with the Joker.
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Well, I DO think a female Master sucks ass. Sorry, I'm sure it's terribly unPC of me but I think it's absolute shit - and I think it's an entirely deliberately move to enable the PC police to cut off the Doctor's bollocks sooner or later too.
Twas the last straw for me... and I couldn't be happier really! :D
Klade II
Reactions:

Post by Klade II »

I'd actually be alright with a female Master if they at least gave it a half-decent explanation....Or even a regeneration.

But no, it's just "Surprise! He's a woman now! Oh wait he's dead again."
Ladylusiphur
Reactions:

Post by Ladylusiphur »

Is it true they filmed an alternate version where it turned out to be the Rani? Just in case it leaked and they could change her identity last minute?

My Husband heard this, no idea where from.
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Mike
Supreme Dalek
Reactions:

Post by Mike »

Ladylusiphur wrote:Is it true they filmed an alternate version where it turned out to be the Rani? Just in case it leaked and they could change her identity last minute?

My Husband heard this, no idea where from.
http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/michelle-g ... -68791.htm
Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.
- Theodor W. Adorno
Ladylusiphur
Reactions:

Post by Ladylusiphur »

http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/16/doctor-wh ... o-4950782/

At least us Luddites have the Doctor fighting our corner now. :)

I also suspect that Derren Brown might actually BE the Master. Think about it, he can actually hypnotise people and has a goatee beard sometimes. If people start showing up shrunken then i'll know I was right.
Genkimonk
Reactions:

Post by Genkimonk »

Love how he shoots down Gatiss over having a new screwdriver for marketing purposes. I really like Peter. He sees the bigger picture and I do feel he really wants to try turn things around.

Pity they will likely give him shitter scripts to make him go for his insubordination.
The Hive Motto: ๐”“๐”ฆ๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ๐”ž๐”ฐ, ๐”ž๐”ฒ๐”ฑ ๐”ซ๐”ฒ๐”ช๐”ฎ๐”ฒ๐”ž๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฐ๐”ข ๐”ฃ๐”ž๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฑ
Clips, or it never happened.
Ladylusiphur
Reactions:

Post by Ladylusiphur »

I wonder how much sway Capaldi has. There are other reports of him getting them to cut down on the emotive crap, and the look of pure horror when Missy kissed him seems more like his own reaction than coming from the NuWho crew.

I just hope he doesn't get sacked for being difficult and too old-school. It's nice to have someone on our side for a change. I know it's never going to be like Classic Who again, but the little touches can at least make it more enjoyable.
Glitz
Reactions:

Post by Glitz »

Capaldi needs to crack some skulls, wring some necks. He needs to go full Hartnell.
Mott1
Reactions:

Post by Mott1 »

Ladylusiphur wrote:http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/16/doctor-wh ... o-4950782/

At least us Luddites have the Doctor fighting our corner now. :)

I also suspect that Derren Brown might actually BE the Master. Think about it, he can actually hypnotise people and has a goatee beard sometimes. If people start showing up shrunken then i'll know I was right.
I read another part of this interview in the 'paper' metro today. They had capaldi talking about being a sex symbol... I'm not sure the poor guy was particularly comfy with the subject.

I think the show could live without Michelle Gomez as Missy though, which is as much to do with her 'John Simm after a case of Special Brew' performance in the role as seeing the character changing gender simply as a publicity stunt.
"I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a prefrontal lobotomy."

Tom Waits.