Older fans - no longer required?

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

MoffatsMuse
Reactions:

Re: Older fans - no longer required?

Post by MoffatsMuse »

iank wrote:Well, I DO think a female Master sucks ass. Sorry, I'm sure it's terribly unPC of me but I think it's absolute shit
The trouble with old-school fans like you, iank, is that you refuse to be pleased.

You'd still complain if Moffat had cast someone complete with Delgado beard, like Conchita Wurst.
Glitz
Reactions:

Post by Glitz »

It would be great to see the Missy Master complete with Delgado beard.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

MoffatsMuse wrote:
iank wrote:Well, I DO think a female Master sucks ass. Sorry, I'm sure it's terribly unPC of me but I think it's absolute shit
The trouble with old-school fans like you, iank, is that you refuse to be pleased.

You'd still complain if Moffat had cast someone complete with Delgado beard, like Conchita Wurst.
:lol:
Ladylusiphur
Reactions:

Post by Ladylusiphur »

My Sister once dressed as Anthony Ainley for a convention.
I really wish I still had the pictures!!!
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
The Talking Cabbage
Reactions:

Post by The Talking Cabbage »

MoffatsMuse wrote:
iank wrote:
Conchita Wurst would have done a better job.
custodi bibis Frigum Auxilium, vos creduli
Pepsi Maxil
Reactions:

Post by Pepsi Maxil »

iank wrote:
Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:05 am
Some people have made a fascinating suggestion on other forums that the current state of the show and deliberately antagonistic/insulting developments such as a female Master, flying Cybermen and, of course, the beyond infamous CyberBrig, are actually being done on purpose, as it is with other things apparently (DC Comics has been mentioned) to deliberately drive away the older audience who refuse to "get with the program" and still complain about the shoddy scripts, poor characterisation, lack of logic, style over substance etc, so that all that is left is the "easy to please" squee audience who give every episode 10/10. Basically, the older audience are no longer wanted or needed with the show as it is being made today, and are being deliberately targeted to get them to jump ship entirely.

I am not without sympathy for the validity of this suggestion.
You were 100% right.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:48 am
iank wrote:
Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:05 am
Some people have made a fascinating suggestion on other forums that the current state of the show and deliberately antagonistic/insulting developments such as a female Master, flying Cybermen and, of course, the beyond infamous CyberBrig, are actually being done on purpose, as it is with other things apparently (DC Comics has been mentioned) to deliberately drive away the older audience who refuse to "get with the program" and still complain about the shoddy scripts, poor characterisation, lack of logic, style over substance etc, so that all that is left is the "easy to please" squee audience who give every episode 10/10. Basically, the older audience are no longer wanted or needed with the show as it is being made today, and are being deliberately targeted to get them to jump ship entirely.

I am not without sympathy for the validity of this suggestion.
You were 100% right.
That must make Rani about 8 years old then I imagine.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Genkimonk
Reactions:

Post by Genkimonk »

This is certainly BFs policy,

Honestly, I am furious over their recent news. I spent fucking hundreds of pounds trying to complete their main range CDs, which have always been branded as "Classic Doctors, Brand New Adventures". They were never branded as, "Classic doctors, and the other lot." Big Finish damn well know that the monthly range was very popular with critics of new who. Nick Briggs even acknowledged this to me when I met him at a convention. And I think being fans themselves, they know DW fans are often completionists. Fuck, they kept doing alternative covers to appease the completionists who didn't want the new covers ruining their displays.

By putting new who elements into the final few CDs of the monthly range, and then to announce the fucking Drunk and Cheshire cat Dalek box set afterwards, it is a clear two finger solute by Big Finish to those who not only supported Big Finish for many years, but those who probably have spent the most money.

I will not spend another penny on Big Finish because I cannot trust that any range i get involved in won't have New Who shit put into it. And I no longer trust the company to respect all their customers. This is a clear "Thanks for all the money over the years, now fuck off!"
The Hive Motto: 𝔓𝔦𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔞𝔰, 𝔞𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔲𝔪𝔮𝔲𝔞𝔪 𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔢 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔪 𝔢𝔰𝔱
Clips, or it never happened.