What Doctor who DVDs are you watching today?

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

wrongcock
Inglip's Servant
Reactions:

What Doctor who DVDs are you watching today?

Post by wrongcock »

I could have sworn this thread already existed, but I couldnt find it. So...... what who DVD (s) are you watching at this moment?

Earlier on today watched the first 2 episodes of four to doomsday. Its a pretty solid story so far. I havent watched it in a while.

Just watched the first 2 episodes of the visitation; episodes 3 and 4 up after my other half has finished having a shower.

Tommorow, who knows. Whats in your player?

"Don't you see what this is going to mean to all the people who come to serve B-fore the all powerful? Why, no country, no person would dare to have a single thought that was not B's own. B-fore's own conception of the, of the way of life!"
iank
Reactions:

Re: What Doctor who DVDs are you watching today?

Post by iank »

Saw The 11th Hour last week (really, really good). Saw Rose on Sunday (as you know). Dreadful (as you know).

Picked up volumes 2 and 4 of series 5 off ebay last week, which came yesterday. First time in a fair while I've bought any New Who dvds (I packed up halfway thru series 4 (which I was buying sight unseen vomit) and haven't bothered since until now).
Mike
Supreme Dalek
Reactions:

Post by Mike »

Got The Chase lined up for later tonight, after watching the glorious Space Museum last night/earlier today.
Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.
- Theodor W. Adorno
time meddler
Reactions:

Post by time meddler »

I watched Arc of Infinity today, actually only one story of Who in a day is big low for me. I'll probably put on another Audio/Visual later tonight.

11th hour was really the high point of season 5 for me, after I saw it I was ready to say "real Who is back." But after The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang I'm not so sure anymore. It just made no sense, Amy "remembers" the Doctor back into existance, wtf was that? It seems that the rule for new-who is that the season finale always has to be shittier than the rest of the season.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

I really like the finale actually, on rewatching. Gets better on every viewing. It may not be to everyone's taste, but the "Remembering" theme is at least set up throughout the whole season, rather just being a last minute "I've only just thought of it" moment ala RTD.

Remember the TARDIS dragging the Earth back through space via a tractor beam and think about how lucky you are. ;)
wrongcock
Inglip's Servant
Reactions:

Post by wrongcock »

Mike wrote:Got The Chase lined up for later tonight, after watching the glorious Space Museum last night/earlier today.
space museum rocks! I love the whole premise of teds in outer space as the ruling class :lol:
I think its one of the most underated Hartnells. I must pick this up on DVD soon!

"Don't you see what this is going to mean to all the people who come to serve B-fore the all powerful? Why, no country, no person would dare to have a single thought that was not B's own. B-fore's own conception of the, of the way of life!"
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Doctor Who - The TV Movie. It was lame at the time, and time has not improved it any. It really doesn't resemble Who at all (particularly not the original series, though it does resemble some of the dumber modern ones), more a lame sub-Hollywood action movie with a few character names and Who iconography randomly thrown about. Paul McGann doesn't particularly inspire or impress in his one and only performance as the Doctor, and while its nice to see Sylvester again, it's a fairly piss-poor excuse of an exit for him (he gets about five lines and then gets killed off). Pretty dreadful in every respect.
The most bizarre thing is how clearly RTD Who was more inspired by this snivelling drivel than by the original series. It would certainly make sense if this was what "made him a fan".
mumbles
Reactions:

Post by mumbles »

Caves of Androzani Special Edition from Revistitations 1.

The sound and picture quality is superior to the original release but I don't think the special features are value for money, in comparison to many of the other original releases in the range, they should have at least recorded another commentary with the guys who played Salateen and Chelick (for starters)

Eric Saward sadly once again makes another bitter comment about JN-T in the making of Caves featurette

The TVM honestly had a justifiable range of new extras to warrant it's re-release, can't help thinking Caves didn't get it, which perhaps means the cunts are planning to re-release it again someday (probably on Blu-Ray)
Zerinza
Reactions:

Post by Zerinza »

My partner got the Black Guardian DVD trilogy for Christmas, and she's about to pop in the re-edited Enlightenment. I've only ever seen the original once, so this should be interesting for both of us.
Blessed are the victorious, for victory is the basis of right. Cursed are the vanquished for they shall be vassals forever.
mumbles
Reactions:

Post by mumbles »

Just watched Talons of Weng-Chiang SE and wow this release looks superb, they cleared it up bigtime and it doesn't have the annoying grainy spots the original DVD release had.

I believe the cleaned up Talons is good enough reason to buy Revisitations 1, even if it is a bit rip off.