Mr TARDIS Reviews Hell Bent

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

burrunjor
Reactions:

Mr TARDIS Reviews Hell Bent

Post by burrunjor »

He rips it a new one, but he is of course spot on in everything he says. https://youtu.be/zdTWlZkMH24
Lacrobat
Reactions:

Re: Mr TARDIS Reviews Hell Bent

Post by Lacrobat »

Well worth a listen.
CommanderMaxil1983
Reactions:

Post by CommanderMaxil1983 »

Always liked this guy.
burrunjor
Reactions:

Post by burrunjor »

CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:Always liked this guy.
I knew you'd like him. He's a big Colin fan. Its a shame Mr Tardis doesn't post here, he'd fit right in.
CommanderMaxil1983
Reactions:

Post by CommanderMaxil1983 »

burrunjor wrote:
CommanderMaxil1983 wrote:Always liked this guy.
I knew you'd like him. He's a big Colin fan. Its a shame Mr Tardis doesn't post here, he'd fit right in.

He would indeed. Perhaps he'll discover us one day.
Rawkus
Reactions:

Post by Rawkus »

I still can't believe Moffat had the Doctor shoot a fellow timelord in Hell Bent and then complain that there was too much violence in Saward's era
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/Ssorg/postreactions/notification/type/reaction.php on line 95: sprintf(): Too few arguments
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4306: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3037)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4306: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3037)
Lacrobat
Reactions:

Post by Lacrobat »

Rawkuss wrote:...and then complain that there was too much violence in Saward's era
Maybe it seems worse to Moffat because back then, people died rather than "died" like they do now.
Mott1
Reactions:

Post by Mott1 »

I saw this video - it's good stuff. The guy makes his point articulately but with increasing anger, which is what I tend to feel the longer I watch an episode of Moff's Nu Who - mostly at the tearing up of the rules about tension, consequences and at the cost of the show actually having a point.

Shall we post a link to The Hive and try and recruit him officially? I still think he's more of a Nu Who fan than many of us, though - he still rates Capaldi's Doctor, Clara and episodes like Heaven Sent, which I thought were merely mediocre.
"I'd rather have a free bottle in front of me than a prefrontal lobotomy."

Tom Waits.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

A thoroughly mediocre episode of the current series leads to much overrating, simply out of relief that it's not complete shit like it normally is. :D
burrunjor
Reactions:

Post by burrunjor »

Mott1 wrote:I saw this video - it's good stuff. The guy makes his point articulately but with increasing anger, which is what I tend to feel the longer I watch an episode of Moff's Nu Who - mostly at the tearing up of the rules about tension, consequences and at the cost of the show actually having a point.

Shall we post a link to The Hive and try and recruit him officially? I still think he's more of a Nu Who fan than many of us, though - he still rates Capaldi's Doctor, Clara and episodes like Heaven Sent, which I thought were merely mediocre.
I'm sure he'd fit in fine. I like a lot of new who too remember and I still say Capaldi is a good choice for the Doctor. I think that he does suffer from poorer stories more.

Some Doctors like Matt Smith and Tom Baker and ironically Colin Baker can elevate any story they are in. They just have such big, flamboyant personalities they can make anything watchable.

Peter however is more like Pertwee and Tennant in that I think he needs good stories. That's not because they are worse Doctors or actors (Pertwee is my fave), just because they are more serious, straight laced Doctors. They can't be zany or wacky or OTT.

Sadly however Capaldi has had two very weak seasons. Pertwee had one of the greatest series of DW ever made to start him off that allowed him to be a serious, Holmseian, intelligent Doctor. Capaldi sadly has had things like Doctor Disco instead.