What do YOU think Fathead did to piss off Eccles?

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Genkimonk
Reactions:

What do YOU think Fathead did to piss off Eccles?

Post by Genkimonk »

We've got a lot of new info in recent years about this. Have any of you any theories on the matter given what we've learned?
The Hive Motto: ๐”“๐”ฆ๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ๐”ž๐”ฐ, ๐”ž๐”ฒ๐”ฑ ๐”ซ๐”ฒ๐”ช๐”ฎ๐”ฒ๐”ž๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฐ๐”ข ๐”ฃ๐”ž๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฑ
Clips, or it never happened.
Mike
Supreme Dalek
Reactions:

Re: What do YOU think Fathead did to piss off Eccles?

Post by Mike »

It was more Keith Boak, wasn't it?

I know he thought the writing was shite.
Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.
- Theodor W. Adorno
Genkimonk
Reactions:

Post by Genkimonk »

Yes, but it's clear Eccles had a falling out with Fathead. If it was over the director, what do you think Fathead did to make it build up to the point Eccles leave?

RTD has always come across as a bit of a posh-sod, so I wonder if they ended up having an argument, with RTD taking a dig at Chris' working class background. He is very protective of it.
The Hive Motto: ๐”“๐”ฆ๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ๐”ž๐”ฐ, ๐”ž๐”ฒ๐”ฑ ๐”ซ๐”ฒ๐”ช๐”ฎ๐”ฒ๐”ž๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฐ๐”ข ๐”ฃ๐”ž๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฑ
Clips, or it never happened.
Bayban
Reactions:

Post by Bayban »

He probably felt insulted when Eccleston slagged off the script to Aliens Of London.

''Goodnight Victoria''
Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Brian wrote: โ†‘
Wed May 27, 2020 5:09 pm
He probably felt insulted when Eccleston slagged off the script to Aliens Of London.
I found a page on the old Leisure Hive board after seeing the Sadako threads that said that Eccleston allegedly yelled โ€œWho writes this shit?!โ€ after shooting the scene where he chased the pig around. I wish someone had footage of that. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Bayban
Reactions:

Post by Bayban »

Naughtius Maximus wrote: โ†‘
Wed May 27, 2020 5:15 pm
I found a page on the old Leisure Hive board after seeing the Sadako threads that said that Eccleston allegedly yelled โ€œWho writes this shit?!โ€ after shooting the scene where he chased the pig around. I wish someone had footage of that. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Which thread was it? I recall reading it but I've long since forgotten the thread it originated in. :lol:

''Goodnight Victoria''
Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Wed May 27, 2020 5:19 pm
Which thread was it? I recall reading it but I've long since forgotten the thread it originated in. :lol:
Iโ€™ve forgotten already- I have a piss-poor memory. :lol:

But itโ€™s definitely there. Iโ€™ll try to dig it out.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Wed May 27, 2020 5:20 pm
Wed May 27, 2020 5:19 pm
Iโ€™ve forgotten already- I have a piss-poor memory. :lol:

But itโ€™s definitely there. Iโ€™ll try to dig it out.
Eccleston had a strop during "The Unquiet Dead", the original plan was to dress him in victorian garb for the story but because Eccleston wanted to look like a fucking twit navvy instead they had to rewrite several scenes including the "Am wearing mah joompah" one to Rose in the TARDIS.

God, he looks a fucking pillock in that story, completely ruins it. They should've hired McGann to do it instead of working class prima donna Eccleston.

"'Ow ya goin Charlie Boy, am yoor biggest fan, ah am, me!"

Oh fuck off.

Could've been an outright classic but for that fucking gormless twit.
Last edited by Rob Filth on Wed May 27, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Rob Filth wrote: โ†‘
Wed May 27, 2020 5:31 pm
Eccleston had a strop during "The Unquiet Dead", the original plan was to dress him in victorian garb for the story but because Eccleston wanted to look like a fucking twit navvy instead they had to rewrite several scenes including the "Am wearing mah joompah" one to Rose in the TARDIS.
I can see that happening, but I swear that Aliens of London was shot first?

That scene in Unquiet Dead where he first talks to Charles Dickens is extremely noteworthy for its colloquialisms โ€œIโ€™m such a big fan...Mind you...Was that just padding or wot? Itโ€™s rubbish, that bit!โ€, and definitely jars with Dickensโ€™ well-spoken nature, despite the fact that the Doctor is supposed to be a greater intellect. Itโ€™s not a bad story beyond that, but those aspects to it do grate.

Eccleston did constantly go on about trying to avoid the upper-class โ€œRPโ€ stereotype in that BBC interview back in the day, so I can see him doing that.
Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Rob Filth wrote: โ†‘
Wed May 27, 2020 5:31 pm

Could've been an outright classic but for that fucking twit.
Yep! :lol: :lol: :lol: