What do YOU think Fathead did to piss off Eccles?

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Re: What do YOU think Fathead did to piss off Eccles?

Post by Bertrand Marx »

I’m still getting over the fact that Rani himself thinks that the First Doctor’s portrayal in Twice upon a Twat is somehow accurate to Hartnell’s original character. When was that character ever a chauvinist twat during his era? It’s beyond insulting.

That said, Moffat himself said that he though that Hartnell and 60s Who was “shit”, so it’s most likely his smug and self-absorbed personality bleeding into the script once again.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Naughtius Maximus wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:15 pm
I’m still getting over the fact that Rani himself thinks that the First Doctor’s portrayal in Twice upon a Twat is somehow accurate to Hartnell’s original character. When was that character ever a chauvinist twat during his era? It’s beyond insulting.
It's like I say, Rani will happily soak up anything no matter how self-contradictory.

He's easily pleased, bless his little cotton Jodie cosplaying socks.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Genkimonk
Reactions:

Post by Genkimonk »

I wonder how much of Eccles leaving had to do with having to see John Barrowman's penis.
The Hive Motto: 𝔓𝔦𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔞𝔰, 𝔞𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔲𝔪𝔮𝔲𝔞𝔪 𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔢 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔪 𝔢𝔰𝔱
Clips, or it never happened.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Genkimonk wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:23 pm
I wonder how much of Eccles leaving had to do with having to see John Barrowman's penis.
I think the damage had already been done by then, but yeah Fathead writing Barrowman slobbering over him would've just been the icing on the cake.

Genkimonk
Reactions:

Post by Genkimonk »

I think it is bad that Eccles seems to get the worst out of this. It is clearly Fathead's mismanagement that caused this. Yet, a talented actor was blacklisted, and Rasputin's Testicular Discharge is lorded as God's gift to TV.
The Hive Motto: 𝔓𝔦𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔞𝔰, 𝔞𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔲𝔪𝔮𝔲𝔞𝔪 𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔢 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔪 𝔢𝔰𝔱
Clips, or it never happened.
UncleDeadly
Reactions:

Post by UncleDeadly »

Naughtius Maximus wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:02 pm
Rob Filth wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:58 pm
Naughtius Maximus wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:52 pm
You did quit at the correct time.
To be honest, I was only just hanging in there by a thread during Capaldi's last series after his dire middle one.

But Chinballs getting the showrunner chair, and the utter slap in the face of "Twice Upon a Time" was enough and I thought, "Fuck this shit, I've had a fill, I'm off"
Christ, series 9 was indeed shite. It was during that period when I started repeatedly missing episodes on transmission. Series 10 was OK, but I was generally burnt out then too, though I did quite enjoy the finale at the time (whether I’d enjoy it now remains to be seen). I don’t know why I didn’t have the same thought as you after Twice upon a Twat given that I recall vividly thinking it was awful at the time. I knew Chibnall would be shite instantly, contrary to some desperate souls out there. 😂

Then again, I think most of us are done with NuPoo as it is. Rani isn’t, I suppose, but that’s only to be expected. :lol: :lol:
Oh god, I was already done after the directionless, mindless drivel of series 7 (and that was probably only because i was ill during the broadcast of 6 and hadn't seen most of it yet). That was the last time I got suckered in by a pretty trailer and only desultorily caught up on Capaldi's first series on iplayer later, carefully avoiding The Caretaker (been there, done that, it was shit the first two times). Deep Breath was book-ended by two-thirds of utter shite with one-third of promising material in the middle and, other than that, only Mummy on the Orient Express (fuck off with that title) and Flatline just about got their heads above water level to touch mediocre.

The impending series 9 gave me seriously bad vibes so I gave it a wide berth, only seeing Sleep No More later online (deeply mediocre at best, so I figured it was probably a highlight). I did read up about the episodes, however, with constant interest and constant embarassment. I couldn't believe what I heard about Magician's Apprenctice/Witch's Familiar; Missy prancing about in front of the Daleks without being killed, what they did to Davros, Daleks defeated by sewage, "TOTAL" extermination (what the fuck do you think extermination is, Moffat??) and basically, pissing all over Genesis in an unmitigated explosion of opportunistic fanwank rivalled only by Star Trek Into Darkness. As for that Benny Hill shit in a later episode, just don't even talk about it...

At this point, I was in the habit of phoning my brother (a casual fan who dropped out after series 5) every time I received a bit of news about the latest shit Moffat had pulled. Each time the reaction was the same, "No! Fuck off, you're kidding??", "No, I'm bloody not". It was just incredible; every time we both thought it couldn't possibly get any worse, Moffat found a way to confound our lowest expectations. In a way, that's quite an achievement.

As for series 10, the handful of episodes I watched online revealed a bit of an uptick in quality (Smile, Empress of Mars, Knock Knock, Oxygen) which I attributed to Moffat stepping away from the table, somewhat. However, they were still only managing to hit that mediant (an improvement being indicated by me just stopping short of kicking in the television is not much to write home about) and by the time I hit the first Moffat-penned episode, the dialogue made my teeth itch within minutes and I had to turn it off. It all lead nowhere anyway ,of course, due to being dumped into the lap of Chibnall.

Really, what the hell does it say for a television series when its very best episodes only qualify as such by virtue of being slightly better than the wretched dross surrounding them? Ultimately, for me, abandoning Moffat's Who didn't even come down to the wholesale bastardisation of, and insult to, the history of Doctor Who and all the people who worked so hard over so many years to make it as good as it could possibly be, against almost insurmountable odds. No, when it came down to it, I simply couldn't stand to have my intellienge repeatedly insulted every single bloody Saturday night any longer.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

UncleDeadly wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:15 pm
I simply couldn't stand to have my intelligenge repeatedly insulted every single bloody Saturday night any longer.
I think they've "improved" it somewhat under Chinballs tenure by insulting everyone's intelligence on every Sunday night instead.

Thankfully Saturdays are fair fucktard free now!

I wouldn't know however, I threw my tv in the bin yonks ago.

Agree with everything in the post though.

UncleDeadly
Reactions:

Post by UncleDeadly »

I think they've "improved" it somewhat under Chinballs tenure by insulting everyone's intelligence on every Sunday night instead.
:lol: Yeah, what I like about the new scheduling is that I just forget its on at all now. Perfect.
Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Rob Filth wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:24 pm
UncleDeadly wrote:
I simply couldn't stand to have my intelligenge repeatedly insulted every single bloody Saturday night any longer.

Except that no one is watching it anymore. It’s experienced a dip in overnight ratings from well over 8 million at the start of series 11 to well under 4 million amidst the series 12 finale. The fucktardedness seems to be too much for virtually everyone now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I thought I’d put it in terms of Chibnall’s era alone as to showcase how major the drop is in ratings, given that Rani seems unwilling to accept any comparison between Chibnall era ratings and season 23-26 ratings.

Oh, and in terms of absolute fuckwittedness, watch this clip:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zo4xIQ1yYEg

Edit: fuck me, the comments section is soaking it up and praising it to the heavens! :lol:
UncleDeadly
Reactions:

Post by UncleDeadly »

Naughtius Maximus wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:39 pm
Rob Filth wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:24 pm
UncleDeadly wrote:

Except that no one is watching it anymore. It’s experienced a dip in overnight ratings from well over 8 million at the start of series 11 to well under 4 million amidst the series 12 finale. The fucktardedness seems to be too much for virtually everyone now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I thought I’d put it in terms of Chibnall’s era alone as to showcase how major the drop is in ratings, given that Rani seems unwilling to accept any comparison between Chibnall era ratings and season 23-26 ratings.

Oh, and in terms of absolute fuckwittedness, watch this clip:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zo4xIQ1yYEg

Edit: fuck me, the comments section is soaking it up and praising it to the heavens! :lol:
"It could have been slightly better written..."

"It has the capacity to be very adult and very dramatic..."

Honestly; Ed Sheeran, "Stormzy". Doctor Who needs this shit why exactly?? To please the plebs that, as you quite rightly point out, aren't bothering to watch anyway??