Time Lord Victorious: The Time War Never Happened!

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Zarius
Reactions:

Time Lord Victorious: The Time War Never Happened!

Post by Zarius »

The synopsis for the Tenth Doctor TLV mini-series from Titan Comics
After awaking in an alternate reality where the Time War never took place, the Tenth Doctor is recruited by his deadly nemeses, the Daleks, to defeat a terror that even they fear. Can the Doctor make peace with his enemies in order to stop this unknown monster from the Dark Times as it seeks to extinguish all life in the universe?!

This brand new time-travelling tale is part of the BBC's multi-platform event that connects across all Doctor Who publishing media, including books, audio dramas, an escape room and much more!
https://www.amazon.co.jp/Doctor-Who-Thi ... 1787733114

NOW I'm intrigued by the potential aftermath of this event. I wonder if this is Big Finish's way of rather loudly 'retiring' from connective tissue with standard TV canon, opting to explore a continuity going forward free of the time war restrictions and consequences? Effectively retconning/reimagining all of Nu-Who specifically for fans who only like a portion of that era, or for fans who wanted to like the era but just didn't like what RTD/Moffat had done with it?

Just mad speculation on my part for now.
The classics endure
The new date and decay
Don't settle for less
Echos that blessed by yesterday

Classic Who: Never outdone, never outgrown
Burunman
Reactions:

Re: Time Lord Victorious: The Time War Never Happened!

Post by Burunman »

Zarius wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:11 am
The synopsis for the Tenth Doctor TLV mini-series from Titan Comics
After awaking in an alternate reality where the Time War never took place, the Tenth Doctor is recruited by his deadly nemeses, the Daleks, to defeat a terror that even they fear. Can the Doctor make peace with his enemies in order to stop this unknown monster from the Dark Times as it seeks to extinguish all life in the universe?!

This brand new time-travelling tale is part of the BBC's multi-platform event that connects across all Doctor Who publishing media, including books, audio dramas, an escape room and much more!
https://www.amazon.co.jp/Doctor-Who-Thi ... 1787733114

NOW I'm intrigued by the potential aftermath of this event. I wonder if this is Big Finish's way of rather loudly 'retiring' from connective tissue with standard TV canon, opting to explore a continuity going forward free of the time war restrictions and consequences? Effectively retconning/reimagining all of Nu-Who specifically for fans who only like a portion of that era, or for fans who wanted to like the era but just didn't like what RTD/Moffat had done with it?

Just mad speculation on my part for now.
I had that thought too. Looks like a Crisis on Infinite Earths style retcon.

I still say though my formula is better, but mine can still work this way I suppose.
ImageImage
Zarius
Reactions:

Post by Zarius »

Of course, another thought occured to me that a time war will break out in this universe...and from that, all of the events of Big Finish's time war related stories play out, thus preserving tv canon in the regular universe and making more sense of the Big Finish stuff!
The classics endure
The new date and decay
Don't settle for less

The Sevenfold Man
Reactions:

Post by The Sevenfold Man »

Or maybe, since Ten is a fathead Doctor, everything will reset to the status quo in the end due to some timey-whiney nonsense.

Or since it’s in a parallel universe, it’s event will have no impact or meaning beyond its little bubble.
Zarius
Reactions:

Post by Zarius »

This event, and specifically the comic book tie ins, will be the focus of DW's first real comic con panel in two years, with Titan writer Jodie Houser and her artists and editors chatting with James Goss

https://comiccon2020.sched.com/event/d4 ... r=no&bg=no
The classics endure
The new date and decay
Don't settle for less

The Sevenfold Man
Reactions:

Post by The Sevenfold Man »

Thank Rob for this image.

Can’t say it’s made me anymore interested. Sorry but no matter how hard they try ram them down our throats, the Ood are not a classic Doctor Who monster. I don’t even consider them as intreasting as the Sensorites, let alone good enough to be single Doctor unique monster like the Yeti or Sil.

Well I already had low expectations, so them forcing the Ood into a story doesn’t shock me. Just nuwho being nuwho.
Zarius
Reactions:

Post by Zarius »

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor ... victorious

Penguin Random House Children’s and BBC Studios announce the publication of Doctor Who: The Official Annual 2021 which includes an exclusive tie-in to the Time Lord Victorious story.
The classics endure
The new date and decay
Don't settle for less