The Timeless Children's Plotholes

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

ClockworkOcean
Reactions:

The Timeless Children's Plotholes

Post by ClockworkOcean »

The sheer number of things that this retroactively fucks up - in TruWho and pre-Chibnall NuWho alike - is truly astonishing. Even after the dismal Series 11, I never imagined things would turn out to be quite this disastrous. This isn't even NuWho anymore. It's something else entirely.
Burunman
Reactions:

Re: The Timeless Children's Plotholes

Post by Burunman »

God there are just so many plotholes, but off the top of my head the ones that stick out for me would be.

1/ The Daleks. Why have they never met the billions of Doctors before? They haven't. In Day of the Daleks the only Doctors they had prior knowledge of was Hartnell and Troughton, and even in the Tennant era, the only Doctors they knew about in the info stamp were those prior to Tennant. You'd think that at least they'd have some knowledge of prior Doctors.

Also why wasn't Mr Clever or any of the monsters and villains that have scanned his mind never found images of the billions of previous Doctors. Surely if Morbius can reach them, then so could the Daleks.

Okay you might say that was a plot hole with John Hurt, but you can rationalise it that the Doctor just surpressed those memories willingly, IE he skipped John Hurt on the info stamp. However surely he wouldn't have done so for these billions of Doctors in the info stamp?

This means that the Daleks by a bizarre coincidence have never met any of these previous Doctors, and also that their status as his archenemies is undermined. After all he's only been fighting them for the last 1000 years out of several billion. Who knows he was probably fighting other enemies for longer. Maybe the Umpty Ums.

2/ Why did he turn into a white man 13 times? If he can turn into anyone and anything, then why get stuck on that form? Flip a coin in the air 13 times is it going to come up heads every time? Even Moff wasn't stupid enough to make out that Time Lords always change gender. Even he made out that Time Lords have a baseline gender, it's just now and again they change.

Chinballs was such a woke moron he had the Doctor and other Time Lords morph between men and women, and ethnicity almost every single time like the Timeless Child and Tecteun. So again why was this not the case for almost every time lord we saw for 50 years?

3/ Why did the Doctor have two hearts when he is not a Time Lord?

4/ How did Amy and Rory have a Time Lord child when it wasn't the untempered schism that gave them their powers?

5/ Why did the Time Lords send the Timeless Child out into the universe where anyone could have captured him, experimented on him and gained the knowledge of regeneration?

6/ Why did the Doctor not encounter any of his pre Hartnell incarnations before the Master warned him about his past being different? That's very fucking convenient.

7/ Why did Matt Smith Doctor not regenerate? People say the Time Lords gave him the power to keep up the ruse, but even that is bullshit. He was dying remember. His body was already breaking down, so if he could regenerate then he would have begun to change.

8/ How was Ashildr standing in the ruins of Gallifrey at the very end of the universe in the godawful Hellbent? Gallifrey was nuked into nothing only a thousand or so years into the future.

9/ How are the Cyber Time Lords such a big advantage anyway? So the human part of them will regenerate? They're part machine. Surely if you blow up the machine part it will still be permanently damaged?

10/ Why was Hartnell such a dick if he was brainwashed into being a hero? Shouldn't he have always been willing to fight the good fight? His entire story arc is meaningless?

I'm sure there is more, but that's enough for now.

Remember though ALL CHANGE IS GOOD!
ImageImage
Batman1989
Reactions:

Post by Batman1989 »

Chibbs is a real bastard for what he did it makes no sense whatsoever yes the daleks would have encountered these billions of pre hartnell incarnations and the lord president even says" show me the doctors earliest incarnation" and hartnell shows up on the screen .
Biroc the Tharil
Reactions:

Post by Biroc the Tharil »

Theory: BBC want Dr Who to move away from white men playing lead role but can't think of way to do it. RTD and Moffat won't do it, but are happy to hint it's a possibility in their time in charge. In a straw-drawing competition, Chibbers draws the short one and comes up with the retcon to end all retcons to effect the possibility of any actor playing the part. Analysis: Chibbers does not have the capacity to understand how quality retcon works (nor, in fact, the ability to understand story arc form) and fucks the show in the arse for eternity. And then he miscasts the role. Solution: shelve the programme now and re-boot in 10 years with a new show-runner. I'll probably be dead, but i'll appreciate it more than the current situation.
'Believe nothing they say - they're not Biroc's kind.'
The Sevenfold Man
Reactions:

Post by The Sevenfold Man »

Found this thread today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comm ... _no_sense/

Chinballs and Anti-Doctor fans really get touchy about criticism don’t they? My favourite part is the idea that it’s only a small majority that says the Timeless Child sucks. Oh the irony.

Again I say, Reddit and GB are not an accurate representation of DW fandom. Nor is the shill media and payed of youtubers. If it was, the shows views wouldn’t be in free fall, people would actually be buying Jodies era merch and nuwho as a whole would be so deep in the shit.
The Sevenfold Man
Reactions:

Post by The Sevenfold Man »

Also even if the BBC force Chinballs to change the his direction for the show, I still will never watch any of Jodies era and my time here has pretty much taught me to forsake Nuwho all together.

Even if the Doctor is not the timeless child, everything else the episode introduces is just as harmful to the character. The idea the Doctor was brainwashed to be good. The idea of infinite numbers of Doctors and animals versions no less.

No thank you.
Burunman
Reactions:

Post by Burunman »

The Sevenfold Man wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:46 pm
Found this thread today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/comm ... _no_sense/

Chinballs and Anti-Doctor fans really get touchy about criticism don’t they? My favourite part is the idea that it’s only a small majority that says the Timeless Child sucks. Oh the irony.

Again I say, Reddit and GB are not an accurate representation of DW fandom. Nor is the shill media and payed of youtubers. If it was, the shows views wouldn’t be in free fall, people would actually be buying Jodies era merch and nuwho as a whole would be so deep in the shit.
I agree. Moffhack said that Missy was a huge hit, the most popular Master there had ever been yet viewers crashed every time she pranced onto screen. Same with Jodie.

(The best is the merchandise dying. After Whovian Feminisms desposable income remark that really is some brilliant poetic justice. :D )

I have never known anyone to get as touchy about criticism as new who fans and the shills on Gallifrey Base. They'd justify anything. You could literally have the Doctor fight a lump of human shit and they'd still say it was great and that only a ming mong would complain. (Remember Jon Blum tells that's just a loving reference to some obscure sketch LOL.)

It's all a sign of insecurity.
ImageImage