Introducing...The Lumiat (Spoilers For Big Finish's Missy)

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Zarius
Reactions:

Introducing...The Lumiat (Spoilers For Big Finish's Missy)

Post by Zarius »

In Big Finish's new Missy set, they resolved the mystery of the Master's survival post-Doctor Falls

Missy did indeed regenerate at the end of 'The Doctor Falls', she does this by creating an Elysian field around herself which triggers a new regeneration cycle, the process destroys what is left of her body, but a back up of her conscience is preserved and integrated into her new one upon successful regeneration.

Missy becomes a 'purely good' female incarnation and rechristens herself The Lumiat. She becomes very much her own nemesis, travelling back along her timeline and thwarting Missy's schemes. The Lumiat is ultimately killed by Missy and regenerates again
The classics endure
The new date and decay
Don't settle for less
Echos that blessed by yesterday

Classic Who: Never outdone, never outgrown
Genkimonk
Reactions:

Re: Introducing...The Lumiat (Spoilers For Big Finish's Missy)

Post by Genkimonk »

Can't be arsed to buy this. Got a DL link you can PM?
The Hive Motto: ๐”“๐”ฆ๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ๐”ž๐”ฐ, ๐”ž๐”ฒ๐”ฑ ๐”ซ๐”ฒ๐”ช๐”ฎ๐”ฒ๐”ž๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฐ๐”ข ๐”ฃ๐”ž๐” ๐”ฑ๐”ฒ๐”ช ๐”ข๐”ฐ๐”ฑ
Clips, or it never happened.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

lols What bollocks.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Sounds like a right load of rubbish.

Can't possibly envisage what kind of saddo would buy it, let alone actually listen to it.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Rob Filth wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:05 am

Can't possibly envisage what kind of saddo would buy it, let alone actually listen to it.
I can barely be arsed reading about it. :lol:

But yeah, this does sound like utter bollocks.
Zarius
Reactions:

Post by Zarius »

Genkimonk wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:46 am
Can't be arsed to buy this. Got a DL link you can PM?
Sure. I didn't fork out dosh for it either, I'm part of a private torrent site that has all the BF stuff up for free, I'll send you the link ASAP
The classics endure
The new date and decay
Don't settle for less
Echos that blessed by yesterday

Classic Who: Never outdone, never outgrown
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Bertrand Marx wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:08 am
Rob Filth wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:05 am

I can barely be arsed reading about it. :lol:

But yeah, this does sound like utter bollocks.
I couldn't even be arsed to download it for free from a pirate site, let alone fucking listen to it.

Jesus Christ, I have far less sad things to do with my life.

I'm not even sure if they paid me to listen to it I'd even be that enthusiastic to be honest.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

The Sevenfold Man
Reactions:

Post by The Sevenfold Man »

To quote the late Richard Adams "Good lord, I could write better then that myself."

Putting aside just how terrible the character is anyway, her death at the hands of Simm was logical end to for Missy. Her character arc is complete and in nuwho fashion undoes everything to maintain the statuesque of the modern series ... despite being "about change". Because they don't even have the gut to actually try to make the Master a good character in full, not that I want that, and were half-assing it since Missy's first appearance. Burunman has gone into great detail about this. As of Jodie's era, Missy is now completely pointless as the current Master is completely devoid of any of her "character development" (tipping that nearly blue screened my brain). Sure you could say we don't know from what point this Master comes from in his timeline but it still voids all the bullshit from Missy.

This is Meta-Crisis Doctor levels of contrived. So she is able to give herself a whole new regenerative cycle, becomes good yet doesn't actually alter in anyway except that she's now pure good... Thats got to be some of the laziest writing I ever heard. Were did she get this technology? If it's that easy to get what the hell was the Decayed Master doing with all his time and why did he start parasitizing other people's bodies?

Also this "her own enemy" sounds like a new level of bad feminist writing. The only person who can stop the evil vagina master is the good vagina master... fuck off. The Doctor and Simm's Master seemed to be doing that well enough, for all Twelve's delusional idea's about Missy. It's even funnier when NuWho and Big Finish won't capitalise in any meaningful way on the Valeyard past the Sixth Doctor's era. Thats a character with tons of potential, yet they would rather waste our time with Missy fighting herself, not even a new version of the Master trying to undo his own evil past. Just a now, magically, pure good Missy arguing with herself. Someone needs to tell BF that just becuase you had Seven behind the curtain in some of Six's stories, doesn't mean you can achieve the same effect with to almost identical versions of the Master. It's asinine, lazy and reeks of self gratification. You might as well just listen to someone having a wank, the effect is almost the same.
Last edited by The Sevenfold Man on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burunman
Reactions:

Post by Burunman »

Zarius wrote: โ†‘
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:16 am
In Big Finish's new Missy set, they resolved the mystery of the Master's survival post-Doctor Falls

Missy did indeed regenerate at the end of 'The Doctor Falls', she does this by creating an Elysian field around herself which triggers a new regeneration cycle, the process destroys what is left of her body, but a back up of her conscience is preserved and integrated into her new one upon successful regeneration.

Missy becomes a 'purely good' female incarnation and rechristens herself The Lumiat. She becomes very much her own nemesis, travelling back along her timeline and thwarting Missy's schemes. The Lumiat is ultimately killed by Missy and regenerates again
Oh dear god this sounds worse than the Missy story about her going back and changing history to make things easier for women, using a facebook that travels backwards in time, before she launches a campaign against rats.

Missy is an absolute fucking joke of a character. I've said it before and I'll say it again you can't be a DW fan and like Missy. It's as simple as that. Anyone who says she wasn't uter shit, is either A/agenda driven B/scared of looking sexist by saying the female Master was the worst one C/ has never seen True Who and knows fuck all about the character. D/ has never watched any female led series and therefore thinks Moffs wank fantasy repackaged for the 4th time is a strong role for women, simply because she's a leading female villain E/is a New Who shill like Jon Cheers Blum F/ is a cult like Moffat era fan who would say she channelled Delgado even if she pulled down Capaldi's trousers and sucked him off G/ a moron H/ all of the above.
ImageImage