NuWho made the Time War so mundane.

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

The Sevenfold Man
Reactions:

NuWho made the Time War so mundane.

Post by The Sevenfold Man »

During Fatheads run the show the time war was, from the perspective of someone who once bought into this crap, a conflict of epic proportions. It sounded like the kind of stuff that was written during the wilderness years, like Faction Paradox.

But as time when on, it not only got more mundane but also silly. The “Nightmare Child” is just a super Dalek. You’ve got the childishly named Coudve-Been King and his arm of Meanwhiles and Neverweres... I take it the Maybes, Possibles and Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Story we’re unavailable.

By the time you get Day of the Doctor, we’ve devolved into the truly uninspired. The final battle between Time Lords and Daleks is little more then a planetary occupation you can see, and has been done better, in countless other sci-fi show and films. While I’ve never listened to any of big finish’s time war stuff or anything else, everything I’ve heard further paints this war in heaven as something far more boring.

It’s all made worse by the fact that it only exists to allow hack writers to turn the Doctor into Binman Jesus.
iank
Reactions:

Re: NuWho made the Time War so mundane.

Post by iank »

NuWho made everything boring.