Rumour: Chibnall's Successor Already Hired/Working Alongside Him On Series 13

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Zarius
Reactions:

Rumour: Chibnall's Successor Already Hired/Working Alongside Him On Series 13

Post by Zarius »

A GB member with alleged connections has said the BBC inquired about finding a successor for Chibnall earlier in the year, and have since hired such a person. The plan is for them to work in tandem with Chibnall on series 13 and be groomed with the sufficient experience required to take over at the top of the hill for the series that will follow on from that.

If memory serves, this probably explains why Maxine Alderton (who wrote 'Haunting of Villa Whatitsface) had 'core writer' stamped all over her C.V,l before that credit mysteriously vanished.
The classics endure
The new date and decay
Don't settle for less
Echos that blessed by yesterday

Classic Who: Never outdone, never outgrown
Burunman
Reactions:

Re: Rumour: Chibnall's Successor Already Hired/Working Alongside Him On Series 13

Post by Burunman »

Zarius wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:49 pm
A GB member with alleged connections has said the BBC inquired about finding a successor for Chibnall earlier in the year, and have since hired such a person. The plan is for them to work in tandem with Chibnall on series 13 and be groomed with the sufficient experience required to take over at the top of the hill for the series that will follow on from that.

If memory serves, this probably explains why Maxine Alderton (who wrote 'Haunting of Villa Whatitsface) had 'core writer' stamped all over her C.V,l before that credit mysteriously vanished.
How ambitious of them to think there is going to be a series 14.

Why won't this shit show just die? Fucks sake it's veiwers were down at 2 million in Capaldi's time, yet it got another Doctor. Its viewers are crashing again yet it's still not being axed. KILL IT WITH FIRE!
ImageImage
Zarius
Reactions:

Re: Rumour: Chibnall's Successor Already Hired/Working Alongside Him On Series 13

Post by Zarius »

Burunman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:36 pm
Zarius wrote:

It reminds me of when the staff were searching for someone to take over from JNT for series 27, and nothing came of that.

There's been rumours of the show taking a break or being hardline rebooted after the 60th anniversary too, so plans might be changing all the time, or the new showrunner thing is for the hardline reboot
The classics endure
The new date and decay
Don't settle for less

MistressRani
Reactions:

Post by MistressRani »

Burunman wrote:
Zarius wrote:

Why won't this shit show just die? Fucks sake it's veiwers were down at 2 million in Capaldi's time, yet it got another Doctor. Its viewers are crashing again yet it's still not being axed. KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Why want a show to die just because you don't like it? Many do and so why do you want to remove their pleasure because it isn't to your taste?
Rebutting Rob's ridiculous rantings since 2004
Burunman
Reactions:

Post by Burunman »

MistressRani wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:17 pm
Burunman wrote:
Zarius wrote:

Why want a show to die just because you don't like it? Many do and so why do you want to remove their pleasure because it isn't to your taste?
Okay first of all I doubt that many people do like it.

Shills don't count.

Second of all how long a list would you like?

1/ It's stopping actual Doctor Who being made as not only are we getting this ghastly in name only version, but it is perpetuating a myth that DW doesn't have an identity which in the long run could convince others that the same thing is true just making it more difficult.

Again when you compare that to what other franchises have had Batman, Godzilla, IE people who do actually want to see the original return why would that not make me angry as a DW fan?

2/ The current version is spiteful and hateful. Want to talk about being petty? How about first of all changing the sex of an iconic character solely to pander to people with anti men beliefs? How about undoing the legacy of William Hartnell just because he is a white man? How about filling the show with explicit little digs against white men? How about then dismissing anyone with legit complaints as misogynists and creating a double standard where "female role models good, male role models bad and have to be replaced."

3/ The toxic cult of personality that surrounds the show and is poisoning the fandom as a result? "GET THE FUCK OUT OF THIS FANDOM!"

That's just off the top of my head as to why I'd like to see it killed with fire!
ImageImage
Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

MistressRani wrote:
Burunman wrote:
Zarius wrote:

Why want a show to die just because you don't like it? Many do.
Nobody I know in person who has any interest in Doctor Who likes the current iteration of the programme, which likely says a lot. It’s likewise been widely panned by fans and casual audiences alike.

That said, at this stage I couldn’t care less or not whether it gets axed. I’m already getting over my frustrations with NuWho and entering the stage of apathy, as I have done with the decline of other properties I have a degree of passion for given that it’s simply not worth agonising over in the long run. It’s not as if I consider this shite canon anyway, as much as I agree with Burrunjor’s overall sentiments.
Burunman
Reactions:

Post by Burunman »

Bertrand Marx wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:19 am
MistressRani wrote:
Burunman wrote:
Zarius wrote:

Why want a show to die just because you don't like it? Many do.
Nobody I know in person who has any interest in Doctor Who likes the current iteration of the programme, which likely says a lot. It’s likewise been widely panned by fans and casual audiences alike.

That said, at this stage I couldn’t care less or not whether it gets axed. I’m already getting over my frustrations with NuWho and entering the stage of apathy, as I have done with the decline of other properties I have a degree of passion for given that it’s simply not worth agonising over in the long run. It’s not as if I consider this shite canon anyway, as much as I agree with Burrunjor’s overall sentiments.
Yeah I feel the same way in that I'm not angry at anything that happens in New Who anymore per se. I could care less, but the presence of New Who is stopping there from ever being a proper DW.

I wouldn't even mind if the Fitzroy Crowd and their fans were fine with their being another DW that didn't have their crap attached. For instance suppose there was a DW animated series set in another universe with a new 9th Doctor, starring Julian Barrat, or Dylan Moran, or Robert Carlyle as the Doctor. The Fitzroy Crowd would torpedoe it I gurantee. Their fans would attack it, they'd make out it was racist, sexist etc for having a white man as the Doctor.

Basically they've taken over the franchise to such an extent that no one but them, or people who think like them will get a look in.
ImageImage
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Bertrand Marx wrote:
That said, at this stage I couldn’t care less or not whether it gets axed.
Me neither.

I'm completely indifferent to it because I've lost all interest in it and subsequently the whole franchise also.

One only wants things to be either axed or continued with when one cares about them, and I quite frankly couldn't give a hoot either way.

It no longer affects me because I'm past caring.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Zarius
Reactions:

Post by Zarius »

MistressRani wrote:
Burunman wrote:
Zarius wrote:

You can believe in the show or or follow it even in it's current form and still wish it would take a lengthy breather. It's lost it's sense of identity, the message is far too prevalent over a functional plot, it's out of touch with what fans wants from it, the potential of a female Doctor isn't being explored to it's fullest... it's not caught on with live audiences, as stated, the woke media, BBC shills and the phony/mentally haywire Youtube reactors don't count as proof (or people) and it's plot twists attempt to uproot the mythology and make it easily replacable rather than add more importance to what's already there.

The show does not benefit from being shrouded in too much mystery, much as it can't benefit from too many revelations either. What's to stop the backstory of where the Doctor really comes from with another mystery added on top of that? Ruth being treated as a separate mystery even from the Timeless Children is a prime example of this. What are we meant to focus on? The Doctor's days in the division (which would have been fine enough on it's own), or The Doctor's 'true' childhood in that other dimension?

The show is ceasing to be what it was because they feel there is nowhere else to go with it, and people are recognising this. This is the 'great replacement' of existing Doctor Who fans, including the Nu Who ones. I guarantee the plan is to do away with the current universe the Doctor explores in favour of her 'true' home dimension, and she/he/it will journey there in the 60th anniversary, leaving behind the old mythology, the old fans, and the fans it gained in favour of a woke, diverse sociopathic audience that have no real interest in exploring that universe with the programme, as it no longer outrages them. They will consider it 'cleansed' of all sin and will move on to what else they find socially sinful.
The classics endure
The new date and decay
Don't settle for less

Ludders
Reactions:

Post by Ludders »

Bertrand Marx wrote:
That said, at this stage I couldn’t care less or not whether it gets axed.
I’m the same.
It’s been a long time since I cared enough about NuPu one way or the other.
My enduring interest and virtually lifelong enjoyment in the classic series remains. To me, THAT is Dr Who.
So long as they continue with the DVD and BluRay releases of the animated missing stories, then I’m happy. I’m even enjoying adding the new BluRay season box sets to my shelves.
That’s pretty much all I care about, tbh. NuPu at best, is just a sideshow. It has no matter impact on my life in any way, shape or form. And likewise, it has no impact on the position that the classic series holds in my affections.
Naturally, there are peaks and troughs over its 26yr run, but certainly as far as 1963 to 1978 is considered, it’s position is unassailable. Especially by something as feeble as NuPu.