Rumour: Chibnall's Successor Already Hired/Working Alongside Him On Series 13

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Rob Filth
Reactions:

Re: Rumour: Chibnall's Successor Already Hired/Working Alongside Him On Series 13

Post by Rob Filth »

I thought Jodies Series 12 averages got even lower figures than Capaldi's Season 10?

I'd go and check the figures, but simply can't be arsed.

Such is my level of interest.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Rob Filth
Reactions:

Re: Rumour: Chibnall's Successor Already Hired/Working Alongside Him On Series 13

Post by Rob Filth »

Burunman wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:40 pm
MistressRani wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:22 pm
Hmmmmm Jimmy Hill's chin I think
Not just that those viewers are fiddled to a ridiculous degree.

Yes, they ARE fiddled.

Both of Tennant's first two series outperformed Eccleston's only series by some significant margin.

It looks like they've done an average between the highest and lowest consolidated figure in a season, rather than do one with ALL of the combined episode ratings.

Fake figures Rani.

I'm sure he employs Alastair Campbell as his spin doctor.

Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Rob Filth wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:47 pm
Burunman wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:40 pm
MistressRani wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:22 pm
Hmmmmm Jimmy Hill's chin I think
Not just that those viewers are fiddled to a ridiculous degree.

Yes, they ARE fiddled.

Both of Tennant's first two series outperformed Eccleston's only series by some significant margin.

It looks like they've done an average between the highest and lowest consolidated figure in a season, rather than do one with ALL of the combined episode ratings.

Fake figures Rani.

Yeah, I noticed that. I was also under the impression that all of the RTD seasons had higher ratings than Smith’s opening series as well? I’d be surprised if series 5 had a higher overall viewership than series 3.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they deciphered an overall average in that way either. There’s no way that series 11 had a higher overall average viewership than two thirds of the Tennant era. The main outlier to this is the series 11 opener which would have been included as the highest consolidated figure. I also suspect that the series 11 consolidated ratings ignored the dismal consolidation of 5 million viewers for the 2019 New Year’s special (as fucking awful as they always are, it’s rare for the specials to do just that poorly and under the guise of a highly marketed Dalek story too).

As I said, I couldn’t care less about NuWho anymore as a series in its current iteration, but those are definitely fiddled.
Zarius
Reactions:

Post by Zarius »

Phillip Morris hints at Antony Horowitz in the showrunner role on a Nerderotic stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... =emb_title
The classics endure
The new date and decay
Don't settle for less
Echos that blessed by yesterday

Classic Who: Never outdone, never outgrown
UncleDeadly
Reactions:

Post by UncleDeadly »

Zarius wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:51 pm
Phillip Morris hints at Antony Horowitz in the showrunner role on a Nerderotic stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... =emb_title
:lol: Phil's off his nut. Anne Wood wouldn't take on this disaster...
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Bertrand Marx wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:52 pm
Rob Filth wrote:
Yes, they ARE fiddled.

Fake figures Rani.

Yeah, I noticed that. I was also under the impression that all of the RTD seasons had higher ratings than Smith’s opening series as well? I’d be surprised if series 5 had a higher overall viewership than series 3.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they deciphered an overall average in that way either. There’s no way that series 11 had a higher overall average viewership than two thirds of the Tennant era. The main outlier to this is the series 11 opener which would have been included as the highest consolidated figure. I also suspect that the series 11 consolidated ratings ignored the dismal consolidation of 5 million viewers for the 2019 New Year’s special (as fucking awful as they always are, it’s rare for the specials to do just that poorly and under the guise of a highly marketed Dalek story too).

As I said, I couldn’t care less about NuWho anymore as a series in its current iteration, but those are definitely fiddled.
Yeah, they're definitely fake figures, fiddled by just doing an average between highest and lowest rated episodes. They've omitted the ratings from all of the other episodes in their average calculation.

Jodies first series although having a strong start episode quickly fell back into dire ratings, but the method they've used to gain these figures have over inflated her first season average by using her opening episodes strong ratings to artificially inflate the score - there's no way that all of the episodes collectively in series 12 even held a candle performance wise to Tennants three series or indeed even Smiths first series. I'm not even sure they're quite on par with Eccleston's first year - possibly around the same mark or just under.

If I could be arsed to fuck around with excel and input all of the figures I would do to highlight just how skewed these figures are, but quite frankly I can't be arsed because I don't give a shit about trying to justify myself to these NuPooh idiots anymore.

If they want to stupidly think their series is still populist with the General Public by fiddling fake figures, let them. It makes their self-delusion all the more funny when it all comes crashing down all around their ears.

I've caught Rani out before employing similarly faked figures which he gets from the DW spin machine - like I say, he's the Alastair Campbell of NuWho.

UncleDeadly
Reactions:

Post by UncleDeadly »

Rob Filth wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:53 pm
Jodies first series although having a strong start episode quickly fell back into dire ratings, but the method they've used to gain these figures have over inflated her first season average by using her opening episodes strong ratings to artificially inflate the score - there's no way that all of the episodes collectively in series 12 even held a candle performance wise to Tennants three series or indeed even Smiths first series. I'm not even sure they're quite on par with Eccleston's first year - possibly around the same mark or just under.
Yes, there's been a lot of this nonsense thrown around among the fans already with morons on gallifrey base claiming that Whittaker's first season is the highest rated of the entire run based solely on the figures of her first episode where everyone was tuning in to see what she was like. No mention, of course, of the figures for the subsequent episodes for which everyone was tuning out because she was shit. I mean, its an open secret that the thing's a failure, isn't it? What did they get for the other episodes? Pretty much consistently between 2 and 3 million, wasn't it? :lol: Its all rather rotten tomato-y...
MistressRani
Reactions:

Post by MistressRani »

Burunman wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:35 pm
MistressRani wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:18 pm
Bertrand Marx wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:19 am
MistressRani wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:17 pm
Burunman wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:36 pm
Zarius wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:49 pm
A GB member with alleged connections has said the BBC inquired about finding a successor for Chibnall earlier in the year, and have since hired such a person. The plan is for them to work in tandem with Chibnall on series 13 and be groomed with the sufficient experience required to take over at the top of the hill for the series that will follow on from that.

If memory serves, this probably explains why Maxine Alderton (who wrote 'Haunting of Villa Whatitsface) had 'core writer' stamped all over her C.V,l before that credit mysteriously vanished.
How ambitious of them to think there is going to be a series 14.

Why won't this shit show just die? Fucks sake it's veiwers were down at 2 million in Capaldi's time, yet it got another Doctor. Its viewers are crashing again yet it's still not being axed. KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Why want a show to die just because you don't like it? Many do.
Nobody I know in person who has any interest in Doctor Who likes the current iteration of the programme, which likely says a lot. It’s likewise been widely panned by fans and casual audiences alike.

That said, at this stage I couldn’t care less or not whether it gets axed. I’m already getting over my frustrations with NuWho and entering the stage of apathy, as I have done with the decline of other properties I have a degree of passion for given that it’s simply not worth agonising over in the long run. It’s not as if I consider this shite canon anyway, as much as I agree with Burrunjor’s overall sentiments.
I just think it is peevish and mean spirited to wish a show dies just because one doesn't like it when clearly others do.
And it's not peevish and mean spirited to replace a main characters gender after 50 years solely to spite 50 percent of the population?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... EApugTAkUQ

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... lGsCvVWqkQ

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... TYpatlF4NA

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... OFgih_AMCw

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... fGnIwyaRfw

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... Azanu4DTDA

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... xlo6u4eusQ

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... Dl3gK5qevQ

Yep not at all spiteful.

It's hilarious though that these are the people they are thought of as just wanting equality whilst. Only by morons mind you, but still.
You've made the mistake of taking notice of commentators not involved in the production of the show. No evidence there that the casting of Whitaker was done out of spite. It is though spite to want the show cancelled just because you don't like the casting choice.
Rebutting Rob's ridiculous rantings since 2004
MistressRani
Reactions:

Post by MistressRani »

Rob Filth wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:53 pm
Bertrand Marx wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:52 pm
Rob Filth wrote:
Yes, they ARE fiddled.

Fake figures Rani.

Yeah, they're definitely fake figures, fiddled by just doing an average between highest and lowest rated episodes. They've omitted the ratings from all of the other episodes in their average calculation.

If I could be arsed to fuck around with excel and input all of the figures I would do to highlight just how skewed these figures are, but quite frankly I can't be arsed because I don't give a shit about trying to justify myself to these NuPooh idiots anymore.

If they want to stupidly think their series is still populist with the General Public by fiddling fake figures, let them. It makes their self-delusion all the more funny when it all comes crashing down all around their ears.

I've caught Rani out before employing similarly faked figures which he gets from the DW spin machine - like I say, he's the Alastair Campbell of NuWho.
They aren't my figures but from the user provided. And of course there are different ways of calculating them. I found these figures which aren't by season but by year which certainly indicate average figures well above 2 million: https://guide.doctorwhonews.net/info.php
Rebutting Rob's ridiculous rantings since 2004
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

MistressRani wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:41 pm
They aren't my figures but from the user provided. And of course there are different ways of calculating them. I found these figures which aren't by season but by year which certainly indicate average figures well above 2 million: https://guide.doctorwhonews.net/info.php
More accurate, but infuriatingly not a season by season average, but an annual one.

However, it DOES still show that Jodies last series was the poorest performing one and her first series did not as perform as well as the Tennant era or Matt Smith's first series.

It's infuriating that it's by yearly average however, because Ecclestons one series does not perform at high as stated in this chart without Tennants first episode lumped in(as they have done here), it performs far less well than any Tennant series, it's possibly only a smidgen above Jodies first year which was very similar in ratings terms.(Huge audience for the first episode, audience drop off throughout the series)

Interesting that McGanns year outperforms every single year of NuWho bar 2009, don't you think?

The TVMovie was a "ratings disaster" and "failure" I think you once told me, didn't you Rani?

Well, if that's your measure of failure then what does that make the vast majority of NuWho then?