Rumour: Chibnall's Successor Already Hired/Working Alongside Him On Series 13

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Rob Filth
Reactions:

Re: Rumour: Chibnall's Successor Already Hired/Working Alongside Him On Series 13

Post by Rob Filth »

MistressRani wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:22 pm
In that case everyone must have absolutely loved the specials if they beat McGone and the other New Who series.

And he clearly was what you would call a sexual braggart, he snogged Grace within half an hour of meeting her. The absolute bounder.
Nonsense, McGanns Doctor was suffering from post regenerative trauma so his behaviour can be excused unlike the rapist First Doctor Faketor who idly brags about his numerous sexual conquests or the lothario 10th Doctor who couldn't keep his pants on for longer than 5 minutes.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Rob Filth
Reactions:

Re: Rumour: Chibnall's Successor Already Hired/Working Alongside Him On Series 13

Post by Rob Filth »

Burunman wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:31 pm
Whilst the McGann special was not a ratings success in America, it got over 5 times what most Matt Smith stories got in America (which were deemed a success) and almost 3 times what the highest Matt episode got in America and 20 times what Eccelston's series got (I believe Eccelston's series in America got about a quarter of a million stateside.)
Indeed, McGanns tvmovie completely smashed all of NuWho ratings wise state-side which means by Ranis own definition NuWho is an utter dismal catastrophic failure of a series.

Quite simply, NuWho fails to compete with the McGann era on almost every single level.

Burunman
Reactions:

Post by Burunman »

Rob Filth wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:56 pm
Burunman wrote:
Whilst the McGann special was not a ratings success in America, it got over 5 times what most Matt Smith stories got in America (which were deemed a success) and almost 3 times what the highest Matt episode got in America and 20 times what Eccelston's series got (I believe Eccelston's series in America got about a quarter of a million stateside.)
Indeed, McGanns tvmovie completely smashed all of NuWho ratings wise state-side which means by Ranis own definition NuWho is an utter dismal catastrophic failure of a series.

Quite simply, NuWho fails to compete with the McGann era on almost every single level.
Also Roberts though once the weakest of the first 4 Masters, is vastly superior to all of the New Who shitstains.
ImageImage
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Burunman wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:19 pm
Also Roberts though once the weakest of the first 4 Masters, is vastly superior to all of the New Who shitstains.
Eric Roberts is a fucking Delgado compared to the likes of Simm or the crap Missy.

MistressRani
Reactions:

Post by MistressRani »

Burunman wrote:
MistressRani wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:13 pm
Rob Filth wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:07 am
MistressRani wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:33 am
Oh I agree with you that the RTD era was incredibly successful as was Moffatt's with Smith. Looks like 'Fathead' knew what he was doing eh?

Statistically it's dodgy to compare a year with just a one off episode with those with 13 or 14 episodes. Similarly 2009 isn't a reliable year as these were only specials I believe and so like the McGone movie (which was a ratings disaster in the US) attracted a lot of casual viewers that can't be sustained over many weeks.
I'm not quite sure how you've made this evaluation when McGanns year was more successful in ratings terms than every single year of NuWho bar 2009?

If McGann was a "ratings disaster" then this surely means Fathead and Muppet are a ratings catastrophe which has leapt completely off the meter such is it's sheer level of cataclysmic failure?

Interesting that you're now waffling insensibly about viewing figures being "sustained" when your previously fiddled chart with dodgy figured made no such allowances or accountability of such factors.

Only when it suits your argument, eh?

You twist and turn and squirm and wriggle like a twisty turny squirmy wriggly thing Rani.
McGann's year? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You mean McGann's night!!!

It wasn't a ratings disaster in the UK but was in the US, that's the acknowledged reason why it wasn't picked up as a series.

You well know a one off event like McGone or The Specials get extra viewers, just like the first episode of the series. Much more difficult to keep viewers over 13 weeks.

It's all how you define success. Matt was popular for a small channel that he was shown on, but wasn't mainstream, yet the mainstream media would make out that DW was mainstream in America in Matt's time, by just writing "it was a success."

Classic Who in the 80s meanwhile got over 9 million in America, but it is often referred to by the bias media s a failure simply because that wasn't as much as a mainstream show like Friends would get.
As mentioned before, it's ridiculous to compare ratings in the 2010s with those over a decade before. The broadcasting landscape is different with ratings for programmes down across the board with many more channels and the advent of streaming services
Rebutting Rob's ridiculous rantings since 2004
MistressRani
Reactions:

Post by MistressRani »

Rob Filth wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:53 pm
MistressRani wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:22 pm
In that case everyone must have absolutely loved the specials if they beat McGone and the other New Who series.

And he clearly was what you would call a sexual braggart, he snogged Grace within half an hour of meeting her. The absolute bounder.
Nonsense, McGanns Doctor was suffering from post regenerative trauma so his behaviour can be excused unlike the rapist First Doctor Faketor who idly brags about his numerous sexual conquests or the lothario 10th Doctor who couldn't keep his pants on for longer than 5 minutes.
Not true, we saw the Eighth Doctor try to lure Grace into the TARDIS at the end of the story. No doubt there was a plan for hanky panky in the TARDIS if this had got a series,
MistressRani
Reactions:

Post by MistressRani »

Burunman wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:19 pm
Rob Filth wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:56 pm
Burunman wrote:

This is of course, weapons grade bollocks!
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

MistressRani wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:12 pm
Not true, we saw the Eighth Doctor try to lure Grace into the TARDIS at the end of the story. No doubt there was a plan for hanky panky in the TARDIS if this had got a series,
Nonsense, we know from the first Big Finish audio which takes place immediately after the TVmovie that McGann left San Francisco without Grace.

She was probably dissuaded travelling with him after hearing about the Bradley First Doctor Faketors rapist reputation.

Kind of rich that you suggest McGanns Doctor being a lothario when Tennants Doctor couldn't keep it in his trousers for more than 5 minutes, in fact the only one beating his record for walking around set with cock and bollocks out for all crew to see was Barrowman.

Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

MistressRani wrote:
This is of course, weapons grade bollocks!
Nonsense. Roberts is a Delgado in comparison to Simms seal-like Joker prat or the Missy Mary Poppins imposter.

The Sevenfold Man
Reactions:

Post by The Sevenfold Man »

Rob Filth wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:51 pm
MistressRani wrote:
Nonsense, we know from the first Big Finish audio which takes place immediately after the TVmovie that McGann left San Francisco without Grace.

She was probably dissuaded travelling with him after hearing about the Bradley First Doctor Faketors rapist reputation.

Kind of rich that you suggest McGanns Doctor being a lothario when Tennants Doctor couldn't keep it in his trousers for more than 5 minutes, in fact the only one beating his record for walking around set with cock and bollocks out for all crew to see was Barrowman.
Well we live in an age where it’s ok to encouraging young women to creep older men in fiction (Twilight) so what do you expect?

I mean I’m not saying it can’t work, my Girlfriend is 17 years older then me and I’m 30, but that’s the point I’m not a teenager or some idiotic 20 year old who thinks their grown up.

Rose was 19. Forgive me for saying NuWho gets anything right but Jackie should be slapping the Doctor. If that was my kid I’d be very worried. Why the hell is a 900+ alien looking to start a relationship with someone that young? Also doesn’t it count as beastiality from his perspective?