ClassicHive 10th Anniversary Celebration Thread(bring best party hat)

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

What's your favourite moment of ClassicHive?

Edward Barlows meltdown
64%
Karl Roemers violation
9%
Sadakos head exploding
9%
Rob & Rani incessant bickering
18%

Total votes: 11
Ludders
Reactions:

Re: ClassicHive 10th Anniversary Celebration Thread(bring best party hat)

Post by Ludders »

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 5:14 pm
I'd love to see Indrid and Burrunjor here. I'm going to alternate between the two forums because I still have responsibilities over there and I don't think my crazier threads would be tolerated here as much.
Good to see you here Peps. ;)
Personally, I don't see why those guys shouldn't join up, nor should you feel you can't post whatever threads you want. The original ethos of The Hive was to be a platform for all opinions.
But I'll still be using the other Hive, at least for a while until we see how this one goes.
Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Ludders wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:24 pm
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
I'd love to see Indrid and Burrunjor here. I'm going to alternate between the two forums because I still have responsibilities over there and I don't think my crazier threads would be tolerated here as much.
Personally, I don't see why those guys shouldn't join up, nor should you feel you can't post whatever threads you want. The original ethos of The Hive was to be a platform for all opinions.
But I'll still be using the other Hive, at least for a while until we see how this one goes.
That’s a good point concerning the ethos of the forum, and thinking about it all the more, I’m sure Burrunjor would be willing to listen given that he seems to trust us. I think I’m just being careful for the moment, is all.
Mike
Supreme Dalek
Reactions:

Post by Mike »

I'd never stop bumjaw saying anything he wants to say, ever. Nor you Maxil. Even if I disagree.

To be honest, the 'hostility' between bumjaw and I is probably exaggerated in both our minds. I think he's alright. Misguided in certain ways, sure. He just thinks I'm an SJW -- he's woefully misinformed. SJWs are cunts.
Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.
- Theodor W. Adorno
Ludders
Reactions:

Post by Ludders »

Mike wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 9:57 pm
I'd never stop bumjaw saying anything he wants to say, ever. Nor you Maxil. Even if I disagree.

To be honest, the 'hostility' between bumjaw and I is probably exaggerated in both our minds. I think he's alright. Misguided in certain ways, sure. He just thinks I'm an SJW -- he's woefully misinformed. SJWs are cunts.
The whole SJW and anti-SJW thing is just two sides of the same coin. Reductive mentalities on both sides trapped in a culture war hysteresis. :D
Mike
Supreme Dalek
Reactions:

Post by Mike »

Ludders wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:01 pm
Mike wrote:

The whole SJW and anti-SJW thing is just two sides of the same coin. Reductive mentalities on both sides trapped in a culture war hysteresis. :D
Yeah man.

I'm not anti-SJW either insofar as anti-SJW-ism manifests as reaction.

They push each other to their respective extremes -- and, sadly, neither of those extremes are on the Left as such. Both end up being conservative.
Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.
- Theodor W. Adorno
Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Mike wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:03 pm
Ludders wrote:
Mike wrote:

Yeah man.

They push each other to their respective extremes -- and, sadly, neither of those extremes are on the Left as such. Both end up being conservative.
Yeah. I am certainly critical and skeptical of certain aspects of identitarianism and SJWs, but mainly due to their authoritarian nature as opposed to a left or right issue. They don’t encompass the grand majority of people and are easily ignored if one switches themselves off from the noise generated by so many social media outlets. The culture war shit is just tiresome and only seeks to exacerbate division on both sides. It does get wearying after a time, hence why I rarely used the term on NuHive.

I mainly get frustrated when people attribute it squarely towards the left without any nuance (as with “cultural Marxism”). I don’t see what’s fundamentally left-wing about it at all. One can advocate equality for all races and sexes without being an SJW- it’s when authoritarianism and dogmatism comes with it that it veers towards that line of thought. And dogmatism is ultimately manifested on all sides of the political spectrum.
Pepsi Maxil
Reactions:

Post by Pepsi Maxil »

Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Thanks. I really can't remember if we ever communicated on this version of the forum. It was nice to be asked to be apart of it again.
Ludders
Reactions:

Post by Ludders »

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:38 pm
Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Thanks. I really can't remember if we ever communicated on this version of the forum. It was nice to be asked to be apart of it again.
I don't think we did. I left around 2015/16 I think. And wasn't posting much for a couple of years before that.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Mike wrote:
Ludders wrote:
Mike wrote:

Yeah man.

Completely agree with this.

I personally see SJW-isms as being a Daily Mail interpretation of what Left Wing politics are, when they most certainly aren't.

Good examples are the BBC and Guardian who pretend to be left-wing, but as soon as a proper left wing person comes along such as Jeremy Corbyn for example, they shit themselves and join the likes of the Sun, Daily Mail etc and right wing establishment in slagging it off.

SJW-isms are basically pseudo left-wingism, what the Murdoch press interprete the left-wing to be about to their impressionable readers when really Left Wing politics is about UNIVERSAL Human Rights, not different marginalised groups stupidly competing with each other for top victimhood status for the spoils of crumbs.
Last edited by Rob Filth on Wed May 20, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Rob Filth wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 11:09 pm
Mike wrote:
Ludders wrote:
Mike wrote:

Yeah man.

Completely agree with this.

I personally see SJW-isms as being a Daily Mail interpretation of what Left Wing politics are, when they most certainly aren't.

Good examples are the BBC and Guardian who pretend to be left-wing, but as soon as a proper left wing person comes along such as Jeremy Corbyn for example, they shit themselves and join the likes of the Sun, Daily Mail etc and right wing establishment in slagging it off.

SJW-isms are basically pseudo left-wingism, what the Murdoch press interprete the left-wing to be about to their impressionable readers when really Left Wing politics is about UNIVERSAL Human Rights, not different marginalised groups stupidly competing with each other for victimhood status.
Post of the day.

To be honest, I see it as less a left-wing thing and more a centrist/neoliberal stance, in that they’ll cling to virtues that sound good but won’t give a fuck about actual class-based politics.

It’s why I find it so patronising. It usually comes from those who are genuinely systemically privileged as it is, hence why the neoliberal outlets endorse it so frequently. I’ve recently been reading Lost Illusions by Balzac that very overtly explores the soulless and ultimately cynical nature of the media in that it exploits others as a means of achieving populism, hence why the outlets we refer to won’t concern themselves with actual social or economic justice as it prevents the exploitation that they so revel in.