Name/Day/Time - Moffat's anniversary turds

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Ludders
Reactions:

Name/Day/Time - Moffat's anniversary turds

Post by Ludders »

The Name of the Doctor

Little Miss Moffat clearly lives in his own world. He writes stuff that is so far off from what classic Who was all about, that if there was no Tardis or characters from proper Who's past; you'd never make the connection in a million years. This show should be called something different entirely.
When I first read the Target novelisation of The Abominable Snowmen, and later heard the audio, (such an underrated gem, sadly lost to us) I didn't envisage the Great Intelligence manifesting itself as some sort cornball of sub-comic strip villain.
All this and Vastra, Strax, and Jenny too. It's more like a episode of The League of Gentleman. I can just picture Richard E. (overrated) Grant saying 'You're my Doctor now'....
Utter crap.

0/10

The Day of the Doctor

50 years earlier, proper Who first appeared on our screens, and the writers of a pathetically substandard spin-off attempt to shoehorn in a lot spurious shit in order to pretend that their turd of a show is a directly linked continuation to the real deal that ended in 1989.
Nah... Don't make me fucking laugh. Giving a name movie actor an easy opportunity to earn a bit of easy dollar playing a lost incarnation that Moffat obviously dreamt up while sitting on the dunny; whilst also shoehorning in a half-baked cameo for Tom Baker; is just not going to make any difference whatsoever to the fact that it's all a bag of bollocks.
And as for Tennant.... if nothing else, his presence has served as a reminder of how Moffat has allowed his own initially deliberately different Doctor; who arrived on screen channelling Patrick Troughton; to be gradually whittled down to being just another version of Tennant by the end of his run.
Moffat has desperately tried with almost comic effect, to be even more grandiose than ever with this 'special'. But it's just sub-Star Wars meets Harry Potter claptrap based on an original series whose worst ever episode is still a hundred times more authentic than, and superior to this utter fake, pretentious bullshit.
I see your smoke and mirrors and bangs and flashes, Moffat. Clearer than ever.

0/10

The Time of the Doctor

Yadda yadda yadda. More of the same. Let's THROW that bullshit around. Let's do it LOUD. Flash, bang, wallop. Have another smoke bomb to cover up how inane it all is. Clara speaks to the Time Lords through the crack in Moffat's arse.
Goodbye Matt Smith. I was happy to see you come, but now I'm happy to see you go. Another casualty of Moffat's self-aggrandising turds of pomp and nonsense.

0/10
Mike
Supreme Dalek
Reactions:

Re: Name/Day/Time - Moffat's anniversary turds

Post by Mike »

The Cunt of the Doctor.

The Micturition of the Doctor.

The Vegetation of the Doctor.

What of the Doctor?

Fuck off the Doctor.
Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.
- Theodor W. Adorno
Ludders
Reactions:

Post by Ludders »

It's a shame that Smith was forced to finish on such a low point. He started so well back in series 5. Comparatively speaking.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

"Night of the Doctor", it's utter shte but it's got Paul McGann in it turning every single moronic line of dialogue to drip off Muppets shitewriter like he's reciting Shakespeare. I guess it's Muppet really rubbing it into our faces that he doesn't give a fuck about continuity considering he's snubbing a woefully unrepresented Doctor out in a precious few minutes of what could almost pass for the genuine article of Doctor Who to shoehorn in a vacuous "star name" into the 50th Anniversary instead for vacuous media cunt wankers to lap up, what a cunt.

10/10 for McGann
0/10 for Muppets shit script
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Ludders wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:22 am
It's a shame that Smith was forced to finish on such a low point. He started so well back in series 5. Comparatively speaking.
Yeah, I agree with this.

He’s hands down the best NuWho Doctor for a short while too. It just seems that Moffat couldn’t cope with having a vaguely reserved and TruWho inspired iteration of the character for too long, sadly.

What baffles me is why Moffat and the rest of the NuWho writers seem to prioritise inserting banal fanwank shite in each and every finale and/or regeneration story as opposed to making their respective Doctors’ final stories genuinely hard-hitting and well crafted without such indulgences. It just ensures that such stories only serve as surface level spectacle that’ll crumble to oblivion as soon as one analyses it in the slightest. A regeneration story in the same vein as Caves of Androzani would never happen in NuWho.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Naughtius Maximus wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:01 am
Yeah, I agree with this.

He’s hands down the best NuWho Doctor for a short while too. It just seems that Moffat couldn’t cope with having a vaguely reserved and TruWho inspired iteration of the character for too long, sadly.

What baffles me is why Moffat and the rest of the NuWho writers seem to prioritise inserting banal fanwank shite in each and every finale and/or regeneration story as opposed to making their respective Doctors’ final stories genuinely hard-hitting and well crafted without such indulgences. It just ensures that such stories only serve as surface level spectacle that’ll crumble to oblivion as soon as one analyses it in the slightest. A regeneration story in the same vein as Caves of Androzani would never happen in NuWho.
Basically I look at it like this, NuWho is basically the plaything of self-loathing fanboys who never really got over the experience of being teased by girls in the playground for their favourite programme during the 80's(i.e. Adric/K9/Bonnie Langford were ALL popular targets of scorn), so they compete with each other to see who can deconstruct and break canon and insult the loyalty of the programmes fanbase in the crassist way possible the most.

If you just view the whole NuWho shabang as being a spinoff purely to achieve those terms rather than anything remotely related to the original canon then the whole thing becomes a lot less problematic.

It's why I can't even be bothered carping on about how shite NuWho is anymore, no matter how canon-breaking it desires to become, it simply doesn't interest me and I hold no investment in it.

If a load of saddo fanboys like Fathead, Muppet and Chinballs want to beat themselves up with their self-loathing fanwank, that's their own business. I'd rather look elsewhere toward creative fiction which reveres, respects and understands the original roots of its premise and builds upon it rather than bemoan an entity which is in self-denial and tries to deconstruct and self destruct in rapid succession all the time.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Brian
Reactions:

Post by Brian »

All three are pretty weak but I'd say Day is the least shit and can be enjoyed to an certain level despite it basically being a NuWho 8th anniversary special rather than Doctor Who's 50th. Time was fucking awful and a piss poor end to the Matt Smith era which in hindsight showed how far we were from Series 5's supposed renaissance, but at the time with Capaldi's announcement and the hope it would start resembling the classic series again and ditch the 8 year awkward stage, I wasn't as underwhelmed by it as now.
Burunman
Reactions:

Post by Burunman »

Brian wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:01 am
All three are pretty weak but I'd say Day is the least shit and can be enjoyed to an certain level despite it basically being a NuWho 8th anniversary special rather than Doctor Who's 50th. Time was fucking awful and a piss poor end to the Matt Smith era which in hindsight showed how far we were from Series 5's supposed renaissance, but at the time with Capaldi's announcement and the hope it would start resembling the classic series again and ditch the 8 year awkward stage, I wasn't as underwhelmed by it as now.
Time is the worst.

Its ending is like a Super Mario Game.

The Doctor runs out of lives, so the Time Lords send him a gold star that causes him to light up and then after he kills enough Daleks he gets 13 one ups.