Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Mike
Supreme Dalek
Reactions:

Re: S17 and 18 thoughts?

Post by Mike »

Rob Filth wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:11 pm
I mean why the fuck would a pre-Hartnell Doctor even be travelling around in a Police Box shaped TARDIS anyway when the chameleon circuit got stuck at Totters Lane?
Exactly.

It's all just so fucking shit.
Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.
- Theodor W. Adorno
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Mike wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:25 pm
Rob Filth wrote:
I mean why the fuck would a pre-Hartnell Doctor even be travelling around in a Police Box shaped TARDIS anyway when the chameleon circuit got stuck at Totters Lane?
Exactly.

I mean it can't even keep to it's own fucking continuity let alone the Classic Series when we've seen Hartnell stealing the TARDIS from Gallifrey with Susan whilst it's still in capsule form and Clara seeing them off!

It's like they expect the viewers to have the attention span and memories of fucking goldfish!
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Pepsi Maxil
Reactions:

Post by Pepsi Maxil »

Most thoughts I have of S17 and 18 involve Lalla Ward, latex gloves, some lube and a strap on. Imagine getting pegged by a woman who looked like this:

Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Rob Filth wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:28 pm
Mike wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:25 pm
Rob Filth wrote:
Exactly.

I mean it can't even keep to it's own fucking continuity let alone the Classic Series when we've seen Hartnell stealing the TARDIS from Gallifrey with Susan whilst it's still in capsule form and Clara seeing them off!

It's like they expect the viewers to have the attention span and memories of fucking goldfish!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s the worst episode of Doctor Who ever conceived, and nothing comes close to surpassing it. Not even Death in Heaven, Last of the Time Lords, End of Time, Twice Upon a Time or Arachnids in the UK come close.

That said, thinking about it, Mike is correct in his comments here about Kerblam. I’m still baffled by the fact that it’s seen as some sort of diamond in the rough. It’s still utterly confused and morally inconsistent and incontinent shite.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Naughtius Maximus wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:52 pm
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It’s the worst episode of Doctor Who ever conceived, and nothing comes close to surpassing it. Not even Death in Heaven, Last of the Time Lords, End of Time, Twice Upon a Time or Arachnids in the UK come close.

That said, thinking about it, Mike is correct in his comments here about Kerblam. I’m still baffled by the fact that it’s seen as some sort of diamond in the rough. It’s still utterly confused and morally inconsistent and incontinent shite.
Ha ha ha ha, I haven't seen ANY of the Jodie ones, literally less than a minute of her opening her gob in the first episode was enough for me and hearing that she was getting lines like "EEEEE, Ah fell owt me TARDIS!"

I have to hand it to you guys for the submitting yourselves to the abusive self-torture though!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just thought, "I'm not subjecting myself to this shite anymore", the point was already really totally lost by the end of Capaldi's final episode.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Bertrand Marx
Reactions:

Post by Bertrand Marx »

Rob Filth wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:57 pm
Naughtius Maximus wrote:

Ha ha ha ha, I haven't seen ANY of the Jodie ones, literally less than a minute of her opening her gob in the first episode was enough for me and hearing that she was getting lines like "EEEEE, Ah fell owt me TARDIS!"

I have to hand it to you guys for the submitting yourselves to the abusive self-torture though!

I just thought, "I'm not subjecting myself to this shite anymore", the point was already really totally lost by the end of Capaldi's final episode.
It is self-torture, yes. I have skipped a handful of episodes along the way due to just how bad they were. Regardless of how crap RTD and Moffat’s eras became at times, they were never as bad as to make me turn off and skip episodes altogether (excluding perhaps series 9, which I gave up on about halfway through and came back to later).

I know you’re already well aware of what happens in that shitfest, so don’t go near it.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

Rob Filth wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:57 pm
Naughtius Maximus wrote:

I'm with Rob on this. About a minute of her gobbing on in her first episode was enough for me to go, "Nah, I'm done."
Mike
Supreme Dalek
Reactions:

Post by Mike »

I was happy to give Jodie a chance as you all know. My position is that of Peter Davison who was unfairly hounded off the internet by utter fucknuggets. I was on board with a female Doctor, in principle I have no qualms with it at all and, cast well, it could be good, but I still lament the loss of a male role model.

Yes, women can be role models for boys. No, that doesn't undermine Davison's point. There's nobody quite like the Doctor.

The role model Jodie's provided is sub-Call the Midwife in her attempts at sanctimony.

I actually feel sorry for the young girls who expected to find a Doctor as heroic as most of the others have been, only to be confronted with a tall blonde streak of piss with less screen presence than Davison's celery -- after he'd eaten the fucking thing.

Since when would the Doctor have been unable to offer comfort to a fucking cancer patient?

Yes, lads. That happened. That happened.

They should've just cast Miriam Margolyes. That would've rocked.
Es gibt kein richtiges Leben im falschen.
- Theodor W. Adorno
Brian
Reactions:

Post by Brian »

Both are average seasons for me. 17's episodes are more entertaining and enjoyable with City Of Death, Creature From The Pit and Horns Of Nimon, yet I feel as enjoyable as Destiny is, it would've been better off in another era and I concur with NM that Nightmare Of Edens lighthearted tone clashes with the dark subject matter. 18 is interesting with it's concepts and the run from Meglos to Traken is solid, ranging from enjoyable to great but at the same time suffers from being a bit too earnest and dry. Leisure Hive is painful and Logopolis ends the era on an dour, unfitting note. If pressed, I'd give the edge to 17, mainly due to the fact I think it's panned reputation is undeserved.

Season 15 is also my least favorite Tom Baker season. Mainly just because as an bridge season, it feels a bit lacking, feeling like a bit of an hangover after 13 and 14 but not as fun as 16 and 17 to an extent. Not to mention it's practically an half and half quality episodes wise.
iank
Reactions:

Post by iank »

17 for me. I love Decay, and Meglos is underrated, but the rest of 18 sends me to sleep.