Leaving for a bit

Moderators: _liam_, Mike

Rob Filth
Reactions:

Re: Leaving for a bit

Post by Rob Filth »

Robby The Seal wrote:Still, I'm told you really enjoyed Duncan's campaign for Emily.

Come to think of it that could have been a huge scam....
Fuck, I'd completely forgotten that.

Yeah, it was Dan who rattled his cage on that over some row on DW2005 and he either pulled the banner down about the Emily Appeal or something or other and said something along the lines of ,"I don't care, I've more important things on my plate than bloody Emily" in the heat of the moment and Duncan completely flipped with "How DARE you take it out on Emily"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wasn't the only one who found that funny, mind you.
Rallying Against Rani's Repetitive Rhubarb and Rubbish.

Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Wayne wrote:Ah well, that's life. I've got nothing against any of these people really, but let's just say that you'd never be sat up chatting on the Final Frontier at 2.00 in the morning.
I'm surprised they don't have a lights out at 10.00 policy like the old beeb boards. :mrgreen:
Snag is, I'm not too sure they ever had the lights on in the first place over there.

Wayne
Reactions:

Post by Wayne »

Rob Filth wrote:
Robby The Seal wrote:Still, I'm told you really enjoyed Duncan's campaign for Emily.

Come to think of it that could have been a huge scam....
Fuck, I'd completely forgotten that.

Yeah, it was Dan who rattled his cage on that over some row on DW2005 and he either pulled the banner down about the Emily Appeal or something or other and said something along the lines of ,"I don't care, I've more important things on my plate than bloody Emily" in the heat of the moment and Duncan completely flipped with "How DARE you take it out on Emily"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wasn't the only one who found that funny, mind you.
I vaguely remember that. Isn't that his disabled daughter or something like that? Can't really remember it that well.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Wayne wrote:I vaguely remember that. Isn't that his disabled daughter or something like that? Can't really remember it that well.
Yeah he was campaigning for money for an operation for her, I think she had something wrong with her legs and Dan originally agreed to help out by having a banner to the appeal site.

When Duncan blew up at Dan losing it, it was funny as fuck though!

"How DARE you take it out on Emily! What has she ever done to you!!!?"

It was one of those moments when you really shouldn't laugh but no matter how hard you try, it's fucking hysterical.

Wayne
Reactions:

Post by Wayne »

Rob Filth wrote:
Wayne wrote:I vaguely remember that. Isn't that his disabled daughter or something like that? Can't really remember it that well.
Yeah he was campaigning for money for an operation for her, I think she had something wrong with her legs and Dan originally agreed to help out by having a banner to the appeal site.

When Duncan blew up at Dan losing it, it was funny as fuck though!
Probably ties in with the Final Frontier starting up.
Did anyone ever bother with Dan's 2005 and Beyond forum? I think i lasted about a week.
Ralph's point earlier alluded to the fact that at one time everybody and his dog seemed to be setting up a Proboards forum, all basically competing for the same community that started on the original 2005.

DW 2005 and LM.
DW 2006
DW 2005 and Beyond
Final Frontier
Doctor's Den
Tardis Type 40 or whatever it was.

Someone should do a history of all the Dr Who forums traced back to BBCi! :mrgreen:
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Wayne wrote:Probably ties in with the Final Frontier starting up.
Yeah I think it does and also the fact that Richie wouldn't make Duncan a mod on LM despite his dissatisfaction with Richies more liberal approach to argueing posters.(I can't imagine who those would be) :lol:
Wayne wrote:Did anyone ever bother with Dan's 2005 and Beyond forum? I think i lasted about a week.
I think it lasted a bit longer than that, it was when the disaster of making The Master a mod on that board caused a huge exodus to LM along with the cyber-squatting of the old board which consigned that board to tumbleweed territory.
Wayne wrote:Ralph's point earlier alluded to the fact that at one time everybody and his dog seemed to be setting up a Proboards forum, all basically competing for the same community that started on the original 2005.

DW 2005 and LM.
DW 2006
DW 2005 and Beyond
Final Frontier
Doctor's Den
Tardis Type 40 or whatever it was.

Someone should do a history of all the Dr Who forums traced back to BBCi! :mrgreen:
Yeah, there's quite a family tree of them if you include the Redux>Leisure Hive>The Hive branch too.

The DW2006 one is the one I think you may be thinking of which became doomed after a matter of weeks which wasn't surprising considering it had a "code of conduct" list longer than a fucking legal document and they took longer and ten times more discussion to decide on this ridiculous conduct-guide than they ever did discussing the fucking programme.

Doctors Den was really just a base for Soldeed and his mates whilst they plotted their next wave assault on LM. I don't ever really recall much discussion on Doctor Who actually taking place there anyway.

I think the difference between the other branch offs from LM and Redux was the other forums wanted MORE stricter moderation than LM and Redux wanted a hell of a lot less.(in fact, there was basically fuck all moderation on Redux)

Wayne
Reactions:

Post by Wayne »

Fascinating stuff.
Yeah, sounds like DW2006 i was thinking of.

If you take it out into the whole WWW, there's a fuck of a lot of DW forums. I bet you'd never be able to make an account of them all.
I suppose the two big ones back when i first got the net in early 2002 were the Beeb Boards and OG.
I think 90% of the people i've known on Who forums except maybe some of those i've met in the last couple years or so, can all be traced back to BBCi or the original OG.
Though in my case, mostly the Beeb Boards. I had a brief spell on OG, but it was really too vast an entity to contemplate, and naturally the Beeb Boards were more a Brit community than OG, so it felt more like 'home'.
Rob Filth
Reactions:

Post by Rob Filth »

Wayne wrote:Fascinating stuff.
Yeah, sounds like DW2006 i was thinking of.

If you take it out into the whole WWW, there's a fuck of a lot of DW forums. I bet you'd never be able to make an account of them all.
I suppose the two big ones back when i first got the net in early 2002 were the Beeb Boards and OG.
I think 90% of the people i've known on Who forums except maybe some of those i've met in the last couple years or so, can all be traced back to BBCi or the original OG.
Though in my case, mostly the Beeb Boards. I had a brief spell on OG, but it was really too vast an entity to contemplate, and naturally the Beeb Boards were more a Brit community than OG, so it felt more like 'home'.
The boards previously mentioned are all mainly offshoots of the old BBCi board, I'm not too sure where boards like DoctorWhoWorldWide came from(where Liam was originally from), but I think(or am guessing) that boards such as Roobarbs, Levines, Planet Skaro and Anoraks all got the bulk of their communities from Outpost Gallifrey?

One thing I do know from the various Doctor Who boards I've been on is that most of them are ridiculously and zealously over-moderated with the exception of this board and possibly Anoraks.(although you do have to censor swearing on Anoraks unfortunately)

Wayne
Reactions:

Post by Wayne »

Not sure about the others, but Planet Skaro was about 2/3 Beeb Boarders and 1/3 OG, originally.
Most of the Beeb Boarders on PS were of a slightly earlier generation, most of which knew each on the Beeb Boards from a year or more before i came along. I'm not sure, but i think BBCi started around 2000? I didn't land up there until March 2002.
Strangely enough though, Many of that old crew have now gone, and now PS is run by the ones that originally came from OG.

I seem to recall Roobarbs started around 2003, although strictly speaking it was supposed to be more of a general Cult TV/Film/DVD forum, rather than just Dr Who. Although, the Dr Who section was always very busy!

Hard to believe some of us have been around DW forums for nigh on a decade, and possibly longer in some cases.
What about you? Are you Class of 2002, or before?
mumbles
Reactions:

Post by mumbles »

Personally I hardly see how the likes of B, Filth and Robby can honestly say they are better then the likes of Duncan etc.
I bet he doesn't go on and ranting on the forum he's on now, and slags you off to other forum members ...

Say what you like about there, the amount of bitter grudges you cunts hold is pathetic

These forum wars happened 4/5 years ago and you still whine about them.

I have observed the arrogant and condescending behaviour of that trio, from nearly day 1, and honestly you guys are fucking pricks that treat people like dirt if you don't agree with them.

Your own behaviour has been pathetic and shameful over the years, and frankly I enjoy trolling the living shit out of you, it is no less then you cunts deserve.